cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Anyone take note?

now that last weeks export sale's committments have been reported.............

Corn just EXCEEDED USDA's export # with total commits for the year.

now we have C & B playing "catch up", or is it the USDA playing "catch up"?

edit: by 54,000 metric tons or about 2 mil bu.

also, yest low in wheat - 665 - still holding---http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/Next-resistance-for-May-Corn-Beans/td-p/477042

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Anyone take note?

Why would the USDA be playing catch up??

Sales are reported on a weekly basis.....it's not like some of these corn sales were made 4 months ago and just now hitting the system....

just be thankful the funds showed up and demand has been strong.....I certainly missed how strong the corn export demand has turned out to be, but I guess that is power of low $4 corn futures after it was just $7-8......

all that said.....need to pay attention to pace of shipments.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

i suppose in the sense USDA data is historical...then if a usage # pegs out this early in yr, the phrase came to mind.

true on shipments - while 91% of beans have been moved out, only 55% of Corn, so far...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Cx, i keep wandering about this glut of corn in mn, sd, and nd. if they ever get logistics straightened out are we going to be covered up with corn and feed quality wheat?? The reverse is that there is a substantial pile of grain that is currently isolated from the world. Oh yeah, winter storm in north iowa and mn today. I doubt we will plant tomorro either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Gavalon called today offered .27 cents over the board for corn into Tyson .I hope they do not get thier shipping problems fixed very soon. Western KY.

0 Kudos