cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Anyone watching the markets anymore ?

I have to admit, i'm tired of it.....it no longer has my interest.  The trade and the market is just so out of wack, there is no

logic in it, for once i am at a loss of words (and that is rare for me !)

prime example a while back.......fsa announced 2 million acres less of soybeans......that would be a significant impact..

but the market did not react......we have been told over and over and over that the key is exports....well guess what,

the gulf bid on corn is one of the cheapest in the world.....no takers......further, exports makes up less corn than feed

and ethol.....yet we are told that is the driving market.....

it's useless to try to market anymore, in my humble opinion.....the market has no connection with the actual crop anymore.

now....the last shining hope.......the cattle industry.......it is going down like a sinking ship.........

the computers and people trading have not a clue on agriculture....it is becomming worse every day........can to take a guess

how insane things will be in a year ?

i soon expect there to be a story out, how some traders don't understand a news report that came out that farm income has

dropped by almost 50%........why.........how.......the total number of contracts traded are at record numbers and that most

commodity firms have had a good year........

what are the bets on when that story will run ???

i'm sorry, but i'm starting to feel like i'm one of the few sane people left (except a few other one here !!)......fert not going down

by leaps and brounds....energy is down.......gas 1.99 gallon here....70 miles away 1.66 a gallon......and that is the most

cost of n fert............has it went down 30 to 40%.......no.........seed prices.....went up.........chem........flat to up.......ag

parts, tires, etc are going up........taxes......our property taxes went up 13%  healthcare cost up 32% next year..........

i had several people comment to me, soo what !!!!!!!!

can you believe it......so what...........

another ninny told me.....you are stuck in the 70's, things have went up in price............

then a fool told..........just what are you going to do about it

i think the depression is starting to cause sales increase in the liquior industry, and perhaps the illegal drug industry........

people are getting just plain goofy..........

but when you have a market that has no idea about the fundmentals................

i don't know

0 Kudos
7 Replies
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: Anyone watching the markets anymore ?

Someone has to pay to carry almost a bil bu of wheat till next year. It is not going to be users or speculators.

Spec commodity funds have had a pretty rough year in general. The Index funds have a horrific year. Pretty sure the pain has been eqaully distributed.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Wealth isn`t destroyed, it is transfered so when one segment is in pain another segment is making out like bandits.  Those currently making out like bandits are a very small in size, but really raking it in.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

but when you have a market that has no idea about the fundmentals................

Cheapo - ole buddy - Its a lot more than fundmentals any more - ask ole Time - Is world wide - just not whats happening here . Look how SA and other countrys have become big time players in our " fundmentals " and the econ of some countrys affect's us .  If some country - one we may have never heard of has a gas pain - well corn go's down a dime . Its a different game now and rules change every day .

Don't drop your guard down - you may miss the one shot to make your million this year  Smiley Happy

Keep the faith brother

btw BA - your up pretty early - have to go the the bathroom ? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
rawhide
Advisor

Your post got my blood pressure up Ken,and it's because you are 100%right. "The rules of the game change everyday"     Who decided it was OK to make those rules?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Ken, you can`t soar with the eagles in the morning if you`re up all night with the turkeys.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Sorry ken I just got up.........

What needs done??

----------------------------------

It is going to be very interesting watching what we expect a market to be on the world stage where a large number of participants set their grain price by government decree...

Wish our's wasn't so tempted to do the same.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Sorry ken I just got up.........

What needs done??

Well sw - I will tell you what my dad told me ?? maybe a thousand times - Son - theres always something that needs done on the farm - the day you don't think there is - your folling yourself ! So sw - Just go takea walk around - yo find something to do - Smiley Wink

0 Kudos