cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Anyone who's interested in how this coronavirus epidemic might play out should look at this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-trump-response.html?algo=top_conv...

This is an interactive model of how early vs late and mild vs. aggressive interventions by the government can affect how the epidemic might play out in terms of infections and deaths.

It demonstrates the thinking about how important canceling large groups and other important measures can affect the timing of the infections on the total deaths, etc.

Definitely worth reviewing in order to put various market senarios into context.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Anyone who's interested in how this coronavirus epidemic might play out should look at this arti

Maybe adopt some of China's measures and wait for the screams to come from the crematoriums? 

Or read about the children who starved to death as their parents were dragged off to quarantine?

Or the black rain that fell across Japan?

I told you all back in January to be prepared for the virus that was coming. 

Oops, that's right, I was just a "nutter" and a "troll."

...Well, to show that there's no hard feelings, maybe one day I'll be able to buy you and SD a Corona, my treat.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Anyone who's interested in how this coronavirus epidemic might play out should look at this arti

No.

Some good and timely stuff but you couldn’t stop yourself from going over the top.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

"Going over the top"

Good gawd man you're the poster child on that one

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Freedom, you may....

Freedom,  you may have been right but you're still a "nutter".

0 Kudos