cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Approximately 8/10 to 9/10

curve on yield loss from lack of H20 begins to drop around 8/10- slowly for the first 10 days or so. Then hard for the next 10, followed by trailing down to nil in the last 10.

In '91 there was literally a 20 bu difference between fields that caught a 2-3" rain on 8/9 and those that remained dry. Some of those short little buggers that caught the rain made 60, or close enough that you could claim it at church without getting thrown out.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Approximately 8/10 to 9/10

August rain makes the soybeans.   Well, it is August 4th and I haven’t gotten any rain this month yet. Should I start to worry?

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Approximately 8/10 to 9/10

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.   Seems that every time I say something on here, like a lack of bees or few bluebirds, it’s because I no longer believe in organized religion.   Just 150 miles East of me, they are having trouble getting their oats off, because it’s leaving ruts in the fields on the new hay crop seedlings.  Yep - our thoughts and prayers for you - may they do more for you - than they have done to curb our nations gun problem.

Jen

0 Kudos