cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Are all export sales reported accuratly or are some overlooked

Just makes me wonder how are the rail containers for shipment back to China  are kept track of . Right now rail cars  are being loaded with corn out of local elevators into ship containers to be sent back to China. Are these Bu. in the export figures. Not enough to waste time calculting probably. Those ships being sent back to China off the rail tracks are full of grain. There is corn moving through the chain this way! Is it reported?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Are all export sales reported accuratly or are some overlooked

As far as I know grain sales for export must be reported in a certain amount of time, depending on the quantity of the deal. There are break points at certain quantities that determine the time. I believe large amounts, like 100,000 tns must be reported within a few days. Some are set at a week, and small amounts maybe longer. All grain exported must be inspected by FGIS relative to contract terms. Containers are a normal shipping method for grain.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Are all export sales reported accuratly or are some overlooked

On Monday, the USDA releases inspection numbers of expected exports. On Thursday, the export sales are reported. The Thursday's numbers have been adjusted from the Monday inspection. The thing to remember, USDA revises inspection numbers.

Mike

0 Kudos