cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Are you selling?

Old crop?   Yes.....with incremental sales.  Every time I make a sale, my average price goes up.  Note to self, this won't last forever.........right?

New crop?  No....not yet.   Wait, I'll take that back.  I do have an average price contract for some December delivery corn.  (I just have to set the basis).  That average price contract is going up almost daily as well.

Just a gut feeling that around my neck of the woods, there aren't many old crop bushels to sell.  

Planting progress in my area is probably somewhere around 25-30% on corn and 10-15% on beans.  We had a big rain 2+ inches last week which halted planting and it's currently raining now as well.  We went from massive amounts of dust while working the ground to now being too wet.  

My corn that was planted on 4/27 has a 3/4 inch sprout on it.  I think it will make it up soon. 

Just wondering for those of you who use a marketing service, are they completely sold out of old crop?  Have they purchased those bushels back?  What percentage of new crop do they have sold?  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Are you selling?

Light drizzle here right now on top of dust.

Took my own advice and ran fans yesterday... problem in one bin...

Sold two loads this 8:00 AM @$7.27 to get it down to see what's happening. no problem two weeks ago when took 1000 bu out of it.

Planting....

Corn done beans about 1/2

Not guaranteed any production here, so no selling any "bird in the Bush".

If I'd sell it now, wouldn't have anything to look forward to later.

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Appears i dodged a disaster.

3 or 4 more days would have been expensive. No discoloration. But had set up some.

Should have sold few more loads at that price and could have got it down to can't be a problem any more.

Well at least i cracked the $7 barrier.

I've sold beans in decades gone by for less.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Glad you checked your bins. There’s a lot of value in them at the moment!

I checked mine today. Hauled out some from each bin. A-ok.   15.0 moisture and 60.3 test weight. So far, so good. 

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

My oh my

Eplant just texted $7.50  may june july 

My choice

Filled my previous offer at a lesser price @ $7.50

10 brownie points and a kudo to them

Very good chance they are getting last of my old crop with treatment like that

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Another pie in the sky offer filled in the sw........ a bid for $7/bu milo got filled this morning.... New crop.

When the trading limits get the big numbers set a bid at pie in the sky levels and expect the market to drop ... often they will pick it up before it starts sliding....

This year we may get to do that again.  

0 Kudos