cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

As it sits now......

With the corn crop stage that its in, not to mention the acres that wont get in....this crop is headed for disaster in the making with just a NORMAL year finish.  Who cares what the USDA says......these guys use tabs within the wall of a cube and hardly even make a contact with anybody that produces the stuff.  Anyway.....imo, look for much stronger prices once we turn the 4th.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: As it sits now......

Hope---------Fear-------Greed. Which stage are you??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Looks like the reality stage

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You always have to hope at least for the $ return stage,because we all know one thing,it's not going to get any cheaper to produce next year!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Hobbyfarmer wrote:

Looks like the reality stage

Let me guess, your next post will be about how the government is useless or corrupt. I don't have time for butthurt individuals. Feel sorry for me types can GTFO.I am naturally a bear because I work my ass off every day to raise the best crop I can. The American farmer has and always will rise to the occasion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

if you don't have time for people you accuse of being  "butthurt individuals", how in the world did you find the time to respond?    especially the way you "work your ass off every day".  good for you, we're all REAL impressed!  lol 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Let me guess, your next post will be about how the government is useless or corrupt. I don't have time for butthurt individuals. Feel sorry for me types can GTFO.I am naturally a bear because I work my ass off every day to raise the best crop I can. The American farmer has and always will rise to the occasion.

Here agin is a little liberal man that just wants a fight and then when he with his small backyarditis view gets a reasonable response comes out of the chute with the usual name calling. Sorry dude, I'm glad you work your whatever off, here have another glass of that "kool aid" .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Reality
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Reality - yes, I also agree. Heading out to Yellowstone for a week with the grand kids. In Detroit Lakes, MN this morning. And again, along 94 to here much of the same - saw no beans popping through. Most fields still Barron. The fields of corn that were in and up - 2 to 4 leaf stage. This is getting very close to the great white north here. The biggest problem now is that across the Midwest, we are a month behind. Is the frost going to get to these crops before maturity? Even without the still lingering potential drought in the Midwest and heat during pollination, this crop is playing Russian roulette with Mother Nature. Genetics haven't added antifreeze to the label - yet,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Really Hobby! You conservative types have only created every imaginable conspiracy theory known to man and anyone that questions those notions is a kool aid drinker. Perhaps a bad case of Limbaughitus.

Wrestler is right in that the american farmer will produce each and every year and if they DON"T it won't be for the lack of trying.

The so called conspiracy at the USDA. Who is behind it and what is the motivation and how do they win?

Most of the time we have these bull markets and farmers largely ignore the negative reports coming out until the market collapses and a $2 drop is compelling evidence. Supplies get bought up and suddenly the old crop premium disappears and crop values are worth less.  Not worthless but certainly worth less.

I'm sorry but I simply don't beleive the USDA is out to "GET" me. I think they are human beings doing a difficult job with historical evidence to work with. Certainly they can be wrong. They are human. But is there a concerted effort to depress grain prices? I haven't drank that much kool aide yet.

0 Kudos