cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Asking for a friend, has anyone.....

Just asking for a friend, has anyone seen any of that $13 billion trump promised us in Sept?

Not that I'm counting on it but if it doesn't come before election day, most likely it won't.

So, my thinking is, if you're thinking of getting paid for your vote, you better call them up and ask them when it's coming.  And let us know what they say.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Asking for a friend, has anyone.....

Nobody I’ve heard from. Just another failed promise.  Similar to the farm payments do the trade debacle.  -10’s of billions over the three years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If your "friend" is wondering about the CFAP II, got mine a couple weeks ago.  BTW Trump is the best farm president we`ve ever had, no "payment" required for my vote.   Speaking of "FAP" 

Highlighted

Whine Whine Whine...

Yesterday y'all were complaining that Trump gave us too much taxpayer money, today you're whining that the latest money isn't showing up fast enough. You DO realize you have to apply for it, right?  Go online, fill out the app, and, in my case, the ACH was in my account 3 days later. Funny thing is the CFAP-2 was designed back in August, when prices still looked like they were going to be low. I have about 20% of my beans stored at the elevator, and this morning I could sell them for $10 if I wanted. THAT's the kind of farm help I want!  China is buying both beans and corn. $4 corn is not far off either. If you can't make money on $10 beans and $4 corn, either your farming practices or your business acumen are suspect.

Try thinking about the country as a whole for once. China is not a fair trade partner. They manipulate their currency to underprice their labor, stealing manufacturing jobs from us. Trump called them on it with tariffs. You say that Americans are paying the tariff, and that's true to an extent, but the idea is to have Americans making more than $2/hr to produce the stuff we need. In the long run, buying american whenever you can is good for all of us. China looks like they are making a good faith effort to fulfill the phase I deal, which I think runs to Jan 31. (not positive on that). Sure dryness around the world contributes to supply concerns, but there's nothing like good old fashioned current demand to make farming fun again.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Erik, you missed the point.

nt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

You mean to say that he’s the worst farm president of all time, right? The only reason there’s any payments at all is because of him.  These prices for the last four years are a direct reflection of his potentially failing deals.  That’s why he’s compensating the farmers, even he understands they have cost us dearly.  Nobody said it was perfect before, however this is obviously not the correct way to go about it.  Playing monopoly with peoples lives will be recognized in history as one of the greatest failures of all time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: No, I'm not saying, "he's the worst president ever", you are. I'm saying....

No, I'm not saying, "he's the worst president ever", you are.  I'm saying that, whatever the outcome of the election in Nov. if we don't get that money by then, we very likely won't, there won't be any longer any reason for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: No, I'm not saying, "he's the worst president ever", you are. I'm saying....

Not sure it's needed now with $4 coen

And $10 beans

Now if you followed 90% of the Al klueless's off the cliff and sold early and often just consider it your continuing education tuition costs.

Not my problem, time to suck it up, put on your big boy pants and take responsibility and quit passing the buck.

0 Kudos