cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

Autonomous Roll Out

Interesting  articles  reported  in  a  few  news  spots  yesterday  on this  development, as  things  have  dramatically  changed  in  ''' General Purpose '''  during  the  past  decades -  -  -

Long  rows  to  hoe  could  be  an  interesting  venture -  -  -

Was  it  maybe  an  autonomous  vehicle ,  that may  have  caused  all  of  the  confusion  of  delays  on  I-95  in  that  weather  event just  recently - ? 

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Autonomous Roll Out

Maybe they did this on I-95 but if they didn`t they should`ve attacked it at both ends with snowplows, tow trucks and cops.  Just plow `em out, pull em out and let them go back to the nearest off ramp.  Sounds like if nothing else a couple idiot Governor`s faults, assuming the head honchos with the DOTs in those states for some reason didn`t think they had the authority.  Shouldn`t have taken 30 hours ... global warming wasn`t going to rescue those motorists.

But with autonomous machinery, it`s a matter of when, not if.  And then you`ll see +100,000 acre midwest farms.  The usage efficiency will increase to the same magnitude that adding semis and a graincart increased combine productivity.  The "flesh & blood" John Henrys out there will no longer have the advantage of being willing to turn the steering wheels 18 hours a day for the fun of it. 

I don`t like it, but I`ve seen this movie before in the pig business.  35 years ago hog magazines would do articles titled something like "But Who`ll Stay Up All Night Watching The Sow Pig?"  All those problems (unfortunately) get ironed out.  In a few years Elon Musk`ll put up a couple hog barns on Mars.   🙂   

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

U  -  Ever  been on  the  95  in  that  area - ?   Evidently  not ,  showing  your  cards  -   -   -

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

It won't be the only governmental roll back of "life easier for regulator" ideas

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

An  autonomous  feeder  wagon  is  on  the  drawing  board, with  autonomous  load  out chute , in concert  with autonomous  bullrack  (  no E  L  D  required),   to  go  full  dressing  of  the  subject  -   -   -

0 Kudos