cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Average Crops

We've seen the initial "trendline" yield numbers and forecasted acres.  We've seen some downward adjustments based on weather and crop problems. Does anyone have any charts to guesstimate what a national trend-adjusted "average" yield would be for corn and soybeans?  And, how that would translate into final production numbers?  And, how does that compare to latest USDA numbers?  Just wondering how things might look if production numbers end up more like the lower end of USDA estimates, and how probable that might be.  Yields might be higher due to acreage reductions, and better yields on less harvested acres.  Yet 12.9B corn and 3.5B soybeans don't appear to me to be unrealistic at this point.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Average Crops. We'll see,

i figure Your at least 500mill bu high on beans....maybe even 500 mill bu high on corn.

things is pretty dam Wet ( IL, IN, OH, MO, AR, Loisianna, some of NE, some of KS etc ).

heck ya'll "supposedly" have the big corn and beans now.

do ya'll think you will be able to harvest em?

El Nino is rolling Now BIG Now. 

the globe is 2 months away from a Famine.  MO

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Wright, You do the Math

How'd we go from 4 months until famine to 2 months until famine in one week?

I reposted your own comment to refresh your memory.

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/Monday-Morning/m-p/599379#M75568

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Wright, You do the Math

He must of been into the high test grass today.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Shaggy, the

the global food production data set changed.....that's how things change in a week.

( changed in the usa too )

el nino is getting worse in Most production ares.

btw, run  your own sets.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Well if these numbers can change that drastically in such a short period of time I'd say they're a worthless figure.

Not my job to figure the world's famine schedule but I did run my own numbers.  I mean I checked my freezer and my family is covered for several more months.  Outside of my family I would merely be guessing, but maybe that is the game at play right now.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

farmer's should Always be able to feed themselves....heck walk outside and shoot an elk in these parts.

The True TRICK is to MARKET Your Over Production of FOOD ( food stuff products ) grown on your places for optimum DOUGH. MO

It Takes More Money Now Times,  than you read bout in the davvy crockett times.

0 Kudos