Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: B-Team Report for Friday the 13th

What's highly productive this year 150
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Rain right now in Central Iowa would be extremely beneficial.  Doing ear counts we've got a lot of 18x35 to 14/16x43 kernel counts.  We are gonna need rain to keep from aborting kernels but the yield potential is there.  Pollination of the early stuff went well even in the heat we just need more moisture to finish the crop.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

What's highly productive this year 150

For me 150 is highly productive, Have had many yields above that. I do not shoot for the moon. I plant in the 27,500 to 28,500 range.

Quite possible to have over 200bu with that set up and way more drought torrerant for our erratic rains in the summer. I play the game for a "base hit" and hope for a home run and no strike out.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I have had dryland corn, in a bottom, yield 150 Bu/AC at just under 16K planting population, and just over 15K harvest population.

I have also had dryland corn yield under 20, at that same population, so there is quite a bit of variability in this area.  However, I belive that the potnential exists, with proper ear flex, on a healthy plant, to get almost 10BPA per 1K of plant pop, in a good year, eith the right hybrids.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The same thing is going on at the FSA ofice to your west in St.Joseph county. They don't no a thing.

0 Kudos