cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palouser
Senior Advisor

BSE cow in California

Confirmation ffrom several directions. The meat did not enter the food chain.

And  freeze in eastern wheat likely soon.

Did i forget anything?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: BSE cow in California

Yeap you forgot snow showers this weekend as far south as i80
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Whoops! I just assumed everyone was having as crappy of weather as the PNW! First day above 70* a couple of days ago. First 80* day the next day. Today we're back to cool. The wheat did grow for a couple of days.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Looks to me like a great TIME to buy hogs and cattle. Funny how news happens just

on TIME.

No frost in the forecast for the eastern belt btw, but you two can find bullish news

in everything, so not sure that matters.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

TIME....you should know what cold rain does on newly planted corn......planters just started rolling yesterday afternoon in the heart of IA......and its still pick and choose as wet hole still exist, some are driving around them.......still corn in the ground from April 10th ish.........its had a pounding rain, not heat, and some fields the erosion was so bad it gutted or smeared the seed........and there is four to five days of 50's and rain coming........and yes, snow showers possible sat morning.......
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

You have to admit that it's a good time to be bullish. I'm guessing I'll sell another bin of wheat in the next day or two. PNW prices are well supported by the Asian demand. I'm guessing at least another terminal for export needs to be built since the competition is still not enough to lower exporter margins.

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I bought out of all of my hedges yesterday on my fats when we were down 2.25 or so before I had even heard about the BSE case.  Needless to say, I was feeling rather ill when we hit limit losses and I read about the BSE cow. I'm feeling a lot better today, but not good enough to go unprotected.  I purchased some 1.10 puts for a buck and a half this morning.   

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

How much of the BSE is BS,If it isn't I would like to be the producer with a certified herd of grass fed orchardgrass beef when the crap realy hits the fan!

0 Kudos
Artifice
Senior Contributor

Re: BSE cow in California admitting time to be bullish

""You have to admit that it's a good time to be bullish. I'm guessing I'll sell another bin of wheat in the next day or two."" Mr palouser, you have this penchant to act as if we all think the same and like you. We don't. Its good we vary.

Philosophies, mkt interpretations vary widely.WIDELY.

Why is it "a good time to be bullish"? Large new crops are just 6-10 weeks away. World stocks are climbing, US HRW could do above trend yield. What if SRW damage is modest.

Some call that a bear background and we are in a bear mkt and have been for a long long time.

I don't mean to hassle you, but you are bulish always, not exactly objective.

artifice

BSE ? The industry worries more than the consumer.

How much did demand, consumption drop during teh last BSE.

1 cow's worth>?

0 Kudos