cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Back to business

we had a couple of days off, some excitement in washington, and cold weather returns.......

so time to get back to business.

i would like to encourage you to put these two sites onto your favorites list..........

http://www.usda.gov/oce/weather

and

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/90day

i'm seeing a trend.........warm and dry.......

for the weather ahead, and looking backward, very cold weather....and very little snow on the wheat....

i failed to include a link to the website that give the crop conditions reports, maybe somone can provide that.

i think the take away is, that the crop wasn't in that good of a shape before....although in this area, looks like a golf

course.....but i think we have too much growth for this time of year....when it warms up, it will be pulling water out of the

dry soils.

so....what am i saying......still working on that,  but at this point, we are running odds of less than ideal crop conditions.

translation, smaller crops........but the 60 dollar question, will chicago consider it low "enough"....

i believe on of the keys this year will be production costs........i think we'll be looking at older chemisty herbicides,

and not trying to "shoot the moon"

ideas ??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Back to business

ya that is disturbing...... hot south and once we hit spring not a wet area anywhere in the midwest for the rest of the year.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Looks pretty spotty to me, with the major exceptions of southern California and Atlanta.  Texas prospects don't look good, admittedly.  The corn betl looks OK.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Southern Iowa. Is always only 10 days away from a drought all summer long

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hobbyfarmer, also up here in just 2 hours we can be mostly underwater.  I remember one time a rain storm started in the evening and I had to take my Mom to the ER during the night and each time the lightening flashed you could see huge ponds, sure enough in the morning alot was underwater. And that by far isn`t a rare occurance, last summer many remarked "well we don`t have any drown outs", our rain last summer came later towards fall making harvest a bearcat.

0 Kudos