cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Bailing out of corn

Jump to solution

I have been farming for over 20+years, so no excuses. Selling 75 to 90% seems a little to heavy for me this soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Interesting, ICF.   On the other site you were bragging you had made a profit of $812.50 per acre on your 2012 corn, and were talking about all your vast wealth.  Yet, on here you say you basically haven't sold the large majority of your corn, and are short on cash.   Everyone on agweb is rooting for you to be able to scrape together enough pennies to keep farming another year.  Good luck!     

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you threadkiller, my $812.50/acre profit is based on my selling all the rest of my 2012 corn I have left for over $6.83 a bushel, I feel conformable saying that I can sell the rest of my corn for over $6.83, don't you think????????????????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: that's what indecisive people do.

Jump to solution

As if it is a calamity if they sell too cheap. I would rather the price increase after my sale. That means I'll get more for what I have left.

When ever we make a sale we make a mistake. We either sold too much or not enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Friend

Jump to solution
Just found this today on a agweb:

Quote Originally Posted by rswfarms View Post
Thanks guys for the compliments!!!!!! Been out driving my wife's brand new Lexus SUV today. It's a really nice car, and as quiet as a Library inside. Never realized how quiet a car could be inside, must be built really good to be that quiet. Anyway, she really likes her new Lexus SUV. It was worth every penny of the $63,000 I paid for it. When you got over $750/acre in profits for the 2012 crop year, you have money to burn. I have 1,575 acres so 1,575 * $750/acre in profit= $1,181,250 for a 2012 Total overall farm operation profit. Yes, believe this is the first time I made over a $1 Million Dollar for just 1 crop year. I am finally playing with the Big Boys and it's a darn good feeling to buy just about anything the family wants or pay a $120,000/year in college tuition costs for 3 kids to attend private colleges.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Friend

Jump to solution

Maybe you can sell your wife's $63K Lexus you paid cash for and pay your bills!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

RSW......which 529 plans are you using??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

LMFAO...........

Jump to solution

come on guys.........RSW is a phony............

we have been over this........MANY MANY TIMES.........

QUIT REPLYING TO HIM AND HE WILL MOVE ON...........

his numbers never match, his comments are bullet point copyright, his knowledge base is narrow, nothing about him adds up...........he says he farms, yet works in MN, yet needs money for bills, yet pays cash for a lexus, yet preaches margins, yet is leaving money on the table...........I could go on and on..........heck the one thing he really prides himself on is the CSR ratio, AND HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW THAT MARKET............he told me 30-50 CSR soil in SIA wasnt worth more than 4K or would not bring 300-400/acre cash rent...........LMAO, I think that has been proven dead wrong..............and he doesnt even have a handle on the good stuff either............

AND THE THING THAT GETS ME, HE SPOUTS ALL THIS OVER A CHAT BOARD............those truly in the business keep balance sheet type numbers close to the chest............dead give away...........the biggest bank rolls in the county fly UNDER the radar..........THEY DONT ADVERTISE THEIR BALANCE SHEET..........

come on Ray.................529, really.............the guy cant afford a stick of gum...........you think he really has a 529 let alone a 120K tuition bill every year............not to mention who is DUMB ENOUGH to send their kids to college for 120K a year..........thats gotta be enough right there for you guys to go...............DUH, this guy is a freaking idiot.........

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: LMFAO...........

Jump to solution

I have tried to like you, but your enormous ego rubs me the wrong way. We all know ICF is a fraud. You have also exposed yourself as a fraud, more than once. Don't speak about something that you know nothing about. It exposes your ignorance. "30-50 CSR ground in Iowa bringing +400 cash rent." There is very litlle ground in Iowa that is less than a 50 CSR unless it is pasture or CRP. The way that you talk to marketeye, Ray J and other respected members in the Ag Community is BS. I know that you are bullish and everyone wants to be bullish, but your schtick is wearing thin with me. I might be the only one, but I asked a question last week. How many acres have you added to your operation the last couple years? Just a question? Why afraid to answeR?????????????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: LMFAO...........

Jump to solution

FIRST OFF..........tell IL STEVEO hi for me..........

second, guess I will have to school you too..........

see image below..........

see that county in SEIA............LEE COUNTY........47.8CSR..........why dont you go down there and tell them boyz that can raise 240 field average corn with ground selling for 12K plus that they are wrong.........

take a ride down J40 off 218............

o and you said something about very little ground less than 50 CSR..........I see a whole shat ton that are below or very near 50...........

you look like an even bigger idiot than RSW.........because you stand up for him............

again tell IL steveo hi for you, you freaking phony............and guess what, ignorant uneducated morons rub me wrong...........so go find a bucket of sand and pound away..........

iowa CSR.jpg

0 Kudos