cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hedgefundfarmer
Contributor

Barry is gonna name an ebola Czar

and the military has been running quarantine crisis drill all this week. Now why would we need that for this crummy little disease that has killed 4000k people so  far???  

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Re: Barry is gonna name an ebola Czar

He is ??? Who's it going to be ??? McCain is calling for a Czar. Maybe someone else is. President hasn't said it according to the news I've seen.

The Surgeon General of the US should be the Czar, except Congress can't seem to manage to appoint one. So, it must not be THAT important.

You real long futures HF??? Either you are trying to make another wave or just overly excitable ??? Or just another bomb thrower.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The Bears are out of gas
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Oh, I don't suspect it's quite over yet. We have a few weeks until the midterm elections. I suspect that the Republican machinery will be able to pump out more anti whatever in a final attempt to to keep things riled up as they gun for control of the Senate. And some of this bear poop will be picked up in an attempt to keep pressure on the markets. We'll see.

Jen
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Barry is gonna name himself as the Czar.......and try and reason with the people that he should not leave offce after the next election....stay tuned.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

As a farmer (that has RA insurance) I want the harvest lows to come THIS month.  I want it all worked out of it`s system THIS month.  I don`t want no "harvest lows" coming in November or December when I HAVE to sell.

And if a "Ebola scare" adds to the Democrats shellacking this November ...that is just a cherry on top!  Smiley Happy 

But the day after the election I`m a bull, talking the market UP and I don`t want to hear anything more about ebola or Obolma...or and other negative crap.   I just want higher market prices AND a fat RA claim check on price.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Lest we be so quick to blame the President for his reactions to the Ebola issue, maybe we can think back a bit, to hurricane Katrina and how our poorly equiped our former President was to deal with this issue right under his nose in this country.  

I remember him coming on national TV, and saying, "Brownie, you're doing a great job down there", when people were dying from lack of drinking water as they were holed up in the Superdome.  Ah yes - how quickly we forget.  Some of us don't.  "Brownie" stepped down several weeks later as I recall in disgrace.  This was in our own country, with an event that we knew was going to happen in advance.

This Ebola outbreak in Africa has gotten as far as it has there (from what I understan) because it happened in an area where there is 1 doctor for 70,000 (yes - 70,000) people.  It allowed it to fester for too long before being caught.  And now the world is trying to play catch up.  But instead of telling the situation as it is, we have people trying to tie this administration to this story, and attempting to spread hyteria, using this event for their own means to discredit the administration.

Before you're too quick to blame, think back on Katrina, and a city that is still in turmoil for almost a decade.....

Jen 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

New Orleans and Ebola mishandling can be an analogy in this way.  The idiots in New Orleans were warned...the idiot mayor and governor were warned of a super storm..but they all partied like it was "1999" the smart people got the heck out of there. 

And that`s like Ebola, first they say "it`s hard to catch"  now they say it`s kind of catchy, maybe somewhat "airborne' ....You know when people lie to you, that is what creates fear and hysteria.  If they would be honest from the git-go so we could find a solution, instead of this shuck and jive routine. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Let me just tip toe out of this political thread.   I thought the discussion of ebola was the indicator that there is nothing else left to "fear" the market with.----- still a possibility.

We have solidified our third world status.  We, as a public, seem to be fully comfortable with the assumption that politics runs everything, ,,,,,,,,,,, well at least it seems to ruin everything when we give it the power.

It is like a mud puddle and we are the dog that just can't pass it by without rolling over in it and shaking the ugly stench as far as possible.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I haven't heard anywhere that it's "kinda" airborne. If someone spits on you that has Ebola, and you get it, I guess it was "airborne" - and if this is what's being used to say it's airborne, it's still causing a panic situation for no reason. If this was a flu like spread, that you guys are trying to compare this to, its not. If it was, we would already be seeing many, many more cases here in the US.

Jen
0 Kudos