cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Based upon number of postings, this site is dead

Just based upon the number of postings (excluding the Rick and Dave show), this site is dead, long live the Suc Farming site. 

This is also a pretty contrary indicator of attitudes. Tons of LDP and basis grain forced to be priced on the wipeout going in to first notice day. 

And, now, according to NASS, we have more hogs in inventory (120 to 180lbs) than we actually have space in existence (meaning we did not add 12% new finishing spaces in the last 9 months, didn't really add any if you look at CF permits.

Now it will be fun to watch our NASS folks explain how corn and meal usage are below last year's usage rates :-) Just saying, it is their normal statistical method :-)

24 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Based upon number of postings, this site is dead

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

No.

When people make hasty, impulsive, emotional, wrong choices they don't admit them.

They just change the subject or walk away.

Not my fault.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

BTW, the rebranded Dixiecrat at USDA has been there for 3 1/2 years. 

Couldn't root out the Deep State putting out all those bad numbers to destroy pore family farmers?

Could figure out how to go around Congress to get payoffs to farmers after Dear Leader made a hash of things with the trade reality TV show.

0 Kudos
unlgrad
Senior Contributor

Shoot, I thought you were going to slip up and call him Comrade Trump.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Possibly hog numbers were inflated in order to collect higher MFP and CFAP payments?   Smiley Happy

I know some that used to post on here, now are on twitter and that community scratches their itch.   A few years ago it was predicted that chatrooms would go the way of the horse & buggy...There`s still horse & buggies these days, but they are a niche and "AgTalk" some how captured the "market share". 

And a lot of "this" is the doldrums, we`re 7 years into a bear sideways market and add in a couple of most likely paid political hacks that turn every post into a DNC infomercial, that doesn`t generate eyeball traffic either.  

Get a hot dry August and some limit up moves, there`ll be some of  those clicking in for free advice and perhaps contribute.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: What is there to say,......

The one complaining about people not-posting hasn't contributed anything of significance themselves in, well, forever.

Meanwhile, what is there to say?  Trump and some republican Southern governors have so badly mismanaged the virus that it's inevitable their states will be forced back into lockdown (or as good as) with its devastating effect on the economy (including the ag & energy sectors). We finally hit about 80% of normal gasoline & ethanol usage last week but by next week it'll be back down again with no chance of any ethanol plant re-openings.

As for soybean exports, we have about 8 MMT of sales for this year on the books but the actual exports are mediocre so it's anybody's guess if they'll get shipped by Sept. Sales for next year at this time are OK but certainly not spectacular.

So, I don't see anything particularly important or encouraging to post about.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Things go in cycles

So do Agri websites. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The trouble with making markets "political" is if you`re going to do that, then say "here is what the current president is doing wrong, the candidate that I support will take a different approach".  But I don`t hear that, someone broadcasting from a basement only taking pot shots, not saying what THEY WILL DO...I dunno perhaps the electorate has been dumbed down that technique will work.  In the past if you want the job, you and your surrogates have to make a case ie "I`ll mandate E-25 ethanol...I`ll start a Export Enhancement program!"  that sort of thing.  

This coming November election is much BIGGER than USDA and NASS and the WTO and the rest of the alphabet soup that costs the country $10 to get the illusion of a nickel rise in grain prices.  As it stands today ONLY one of two gentlemen will win by the Wednesday morning of November 4th.  And what`s at stake is the continuation of the American way of life that most of us enjoyed the last 20,30 40 50 60 70 80+ years.  Or do we do we throw documents that`ve served us since 1789 into a Target store and set fire to it all?   And turn Mt Rushmore into a gravel site. 

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Politics does not matter much when it comes to markets or economies.  

Govt is a waste of time. 

0 Kudos