Basis map (beans)

Makes corn look like the go to crop...

ure 2 - Soybean Basis Map

Soybean Basis Map

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Basis map (beans)

Does this mean it takes a lot of "suction" to get beans to the port??   Or does the black area mean "all gone".??

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Good thing it is down slope to where they are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Your scratching on a big sign of a serious problem...

What creates this ------ it is extreme from our historic basis   Or is this elevator only maping......

I think we may be seeing the demise of the "elevator" middleman distribution system

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I'm having a hard time in these depressed profits Times WHY I should give a goodly portion of my potential profits to a middle man.???

In process of going from 650 bu wagon system to 900+ semi system.

I refuse to use them for storage, why would I give them 5 to 7.5% to do what I'm now able to do?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

the elevator man told me the reason for the high basis is:

1.  over supply, they can't get rid of it

2.  no local users

3.  oversupply

must be alot of soybeans raised in montana ?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Grain is moving rapidly.... ground piles are going away and ports are busy.

The only thing i see not moving well is lower quality wheat.  Feedlots are not feeding it up as we used to.  Price will move it whenever it gets off of rock bottom.....Or when ethanol can't keep up or DDG's can't make the trip from Iowa.  Right now it is back up for the feedlots.  If the snow events in the sierra's come our way we may need it.

The basis on wheat is terrible.... making it below corn rates..... -1.30 at best.

---------------------------------------------

oddities............... It is the best weather related sign I have seen so far and since we have been getting drought worry back into the sw...

It is great to see those big snow pack numbers in the Sierras.  The drought in the west has been manny years long and for our area.  We often get what they get in terms of wet or dry.  It is good to see systems moving back south.

0 Kudos