Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Bean basis

Eagle Grove Iowa crush -52 AGP

Iowa falls, Iowa crush  -45 , Cargill

Des Moines, crush       -30. ADM

AGP told me they are almost fully booked for July/Aug by the coops delivering old crop beans they sold the carry on.

Have The first two bought so many $10 beans they no longer need to bid up?

Nobody wants to drive into Des Moines and deliver in their squirrel hole? Tighter grip down here or less beans?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Bean basis

AGP answer sounds like the pat answer to any and all complaints..

15 cents better to go into DM........ probably should be more..... 

May and June are time to get things in line for summer because somewhere around 90 days before harvest the buyers want to get stuff scheduled up and know they are covered until the "off the combine" sales come rolling in begging for a price.

My first lesson in storing grain.  Good basis suddenly turns into We are all full into harvest.  And I had cash flow sitting uncontracted. 

There is always a few that come up short in august and need a little "bonus" bushels.  but you don't want to end up with a lot of grain in the bin if you need the harvest space.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This has actually been a pretty nice spring for moving stored grain.  corn has seen a 50-60 cent bonus from the storage

(a little better than the cost of storage finally)

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Old crop basis. $1.05
New crop basis. 90 cents
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You forgot the minus sign

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I'm optimistic ☺
Honored Advisor

see clayton 

That is what you get if your overly optimistic.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

That's gotta be a first for El Cheapo!  But I dont really want to get in the way if he's that optimistic.   Shaking my head

0 Kudos