cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: Bean yields

I have always maintained that 14B is the high water mark and a ceiling of resistance if you will

12.8 is the number I threw out many months ago and I am fine by standing by it

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

14B will take us to see the wizzard.  

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

I have stated this four three years and have been laughed at by many for stating if. This year the upper tier possible yield is 180 national yield and 15 billion by crop. A 12 percent above trend and below 12 percent trend are the ranges you need to use. We have a trend line Yield of 165 so use the number in your equations. Stop fighting the stAtistics and math. Every year we go trend increases.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Just an opinion  just like it was three years ago  ------  worthless information  ---- no wait there is no information in that statement.

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

What's the difference?

Less than 10% 

I still don't have a clue within 10% of what my yields will be,

Or for that matter when I'll get done with the field I'm in now. 

Green stems, 60% flooded, spent yesterday up to my armpits repairing/welding the finger assembly in the grain table auger. Today got the grain tank up to the window in the flare  when a young farmer in the area called and said he had an emergency...

Got back just in time to get the second hopper full enough to hear that the full tank beeper still works. Maybe tomorrow will actually show progress?

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

IMG_20141020_170627_210-1.jpg

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Hydro died,  blew ALL the oil out on the road , auto set the brakes. Right in the middle of the road between two steep hills.  Now resting a mile away in a hayfield.  That machine has been a money pit...including a motor.

0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Had some yield improvement. He said the gearbox went out in his auger cart and it had some of my beans in the cart. So he fixed the cart and hauled the rest to town and improved my yield around a bushel per acre.

0 Kudos