Honored Advisor

Re: Beans are buyin acres today

Plenty of truck...... filled the bill.

clearing the edges..........  I thought that the first time I saw a CED show how accurate they could get on their software,,,,, and wouldn't ya know, she was drawing around every obstacle on the field to show me how this field was now 98 acres instead of 100 as it had been reported.

"There is a bar ditch that will get farmed as soon as you trim that fields historic acres, in order to get those acres back."   

Technology trespasses all things.

Honored Advisor

Iowa and the belt will increase acres to get more bushels to pay the bills.  The fringe will trim acres with high costs, greater options, and yields will finally go up for real as acres go down.

That is the logic I was trying to show by pointing out that over half the national corn crop is not raised in the belt, but in higher risk/ higher cost per bu. fringe........ a couple of years back.  Yet usda continues to discount any problems anywhere else.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

We do not have the inventory we think we have and continue moving toward ..... just enough- just in time agriculture

Honored Advisor

Just left e plant, pile not near full

Two more fermentation tanks in process of construction
Was not a single truck at any of the three dumps when I got back there. Several followed me in.

Most fields harvested up here (menlo, ia)
Veteran Advisor

hobby plug this into your confuser

323 miles to your still

local corn bid 2.83

what's you do ?

(a semi that runs on compressed air is out of the question.....nor solar powered)

Honored Advisor

Plugged it in and WA LAA, what I found is you are looking the wrong direction (again) .

Start looking down in the pan handle region of Ok, Texas, Sw kansas, way better prices then up here in Podunk country IOWA.

HISTORICALLY speaking many, many ,.many unit train Loads of corn have been shipped from my county unit train loader to the Hereford, Tx area,, it is a livestock heavy, grain deficient area.