cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esteemed Advisor

Bear Claws?

Wishing...and hoping...and praying....for a BEARISH BEAN report. I'd just love to see the computers have a chance to panic run all the stops below contract lows (this will all happen before we poor peasants even know the report has been released btw..illegal and immoral but that doesn't matter when there is volume to be had for the spec HFT's who own the CFTC). Buying as the stops are run might be a nice opportunity.

I've tried to post this for over a day. This is attempt number 8.

22 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bear Claws?

If at first you don't succeed try again. Thanks for keepin at it Time!Smiley Frustrated

Volatility would be great but I don't see it. This new budget deal should be an inflation starter but I don;t believe it will be.

People don;t believe the government anymore They don;t believe that money spent will filter down through infrastructure spwnding or Opportunities for high paying jobs.  The three major areas of growth in our economy are Health Care ( which is a net drain on our economy)  retail ( which depends largely on discretionary spending) and service industries ( which again do not produce a viable long term investment product. With no real industry being added no virtually no skilled trade work in demand How can we have a spark to start the next run?

Without Something in the world to spark inflationary growth I believe stagfaltion is the new order.

Farmers like elcheapo are just now getting the real picture that the rest of America has witnessed since 2008.

So it would be great to have the volatility that Time calls for but I dont think it will happen.  Bearish fears are kept on Prozac and Bullish energies are squirted off into the flower pot.   

Honored Advisor

On Nov 5th`s Market Rally, Glenn Ring talks about commodity prices going forward...it ain`t pretty, I don`t like it, but I can`t construct an arguement against anything that Glenn Ring is saying.

http://www.agweb.com/market-rally/

Even Tom Pfitzenmaier was really off his meds on this bearish outlook for everything.

http://www.iptv.org/mtom/episode.cfm/4111 

Just things to keep in mind when figuring planting budgets for 2016.  Hopefully "Helicopter Janet" will bail us out?  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

There are many ways to deal with info one doesn't like.  One is to ignore it.  Another is to claim it is not accurate.  A third is to blame it on a conspiracty.  There are more.  All are at work on this site most of the time.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I refuse to be pulled into the "gloom & doom" camp.      You guys go ahead, but it looks pretty crowded in there already.    My glass is half full.   Which reminds me, I need another drink.   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Advisor

As applied to this thread...an example of what you are talking about Mr. Meade?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Mr Meade is setting "bear Traps"......   

He believes the easter bunny, santa claus and dignity of the US Government..

This is the first post I have been allowed to enter in three weeks........  

Senior Advisor

Not especially this thread, almost a test to see if I can post. It is interesting that people believe what they want to, not what is real. That's universal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Analysts expect the government to raise its estimate of U.S. corn production and ending stocks.  CBOT December contract CZ5 fell to a two-month low overnight. USDA said the U.S. corn harvest was 93 percent complete by Sunday, ahead of the five-year average of 88 percent. Soybeans lower on positioning ahead of USDA's monthly reports. Analysts expect the government to raise its estimate of U.S. soybean production and ending stocks.  Brazil's government crop supply agency Conab raised its forecast for a record national 2015/16 soybean crop to between 101.2 million and 102.8 million tonnes, from 100.1 million to 101.9 million last month.  USDA said the U.S. soybean harvest was 95 percent complete by Sunday, ahead of the five-year average of 93 percent. 09:22:27 CBOT reported 73 deliveries against the November SX5 futures contract, with the ADM house account stopping all.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I hope your right on beans and wrong on corn Ken.

0 Kudos