cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Bear Hunting Season -------------- I here they are in heat :)

Going to take a week or so off for a hunting trip.  The bears are celebrating-------------------- so early in the morning, I here, you can trade them out of their 2013 corn positions while their still hung over.  I suggest wheat positions first while they are suffering from corn greed.  45 days should bring a decent return on wheat.  Corn may be close behind and follow the wheat up in August.

Weather permitting -------- conditions will be right and  good for hunting.

See ya all  later and let it rain somewhere west of Iowa in the next few days ------------- please.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Bear Hunting Season -------------- I here they are in heat :)

Your wish has been answered! Right now it's raining from ND all the way to Texas! Rain makes grain and I'm sure that everyone is going to get their fair share. You just need to be in the right spot. Jen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

And remember, it really doesn't matter if it rains west of Iowa or not - it's just fringe acres anyway and will be covered by the production from Indiana and the huge crop (70 bu/ac or maybe more!) coming out of Texas to save us. And don't forget all those Arizona acres this year. Yes, there's plenty or crop for all.
Jen
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Take it from a sarcastic fool -------------------- put a smiley face on it or something ---------------- I think there is sarcasm dripping off the corner of my screen.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well I know of fringe corn acres that are all but zero'd out in NW KS, most beyond help by rain this year.

Lots of what looked like decent wheat pulled into and cut for an hr or two. Found 5 or less bu to the acre in the terrace channels and draws etc, they pulled out. Nothing on the ridges and sides. Also in NW Ks.

What I wanted for my Aug play corn here in Ioway refused to keep and will be gone by noon today. It refused to keep in this heat and humidity. Crossing the scale in the 15.5% moisture range and will stand 4 ft straight up in the bin and feels wet to the touch. Three bins of that stuff, at least no damage or condition dockage so far. That REM vac is earning it's keep.

You should see the 2 million bu pile at our local grain terminal. It has areas that stand at attention better than that. They are getting rid of that too.

Darn SW, you don't do anything half way do you? Not only just anouncing your semi-retirement from the farm and now a week off here too? Here's wishing you a great time on your week off where ever and what ever you do with it.

Well here is that smiley face thing you wanted. Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley WinkSmiley LOL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good Luck  on your huntin trip sw !!  And don't forget to pack your bear meat ---- in " ICE "  Smiley Very Happy

Have FUN !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

One shouldn't have to hunt to hard, just point you vehicle towards Chicago, I hear it's full of bears. HA HA

Good luck to ya SW, already looking forward to your "pictures".
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hobby, you can buy my last 10000 bu of corn and truck it to your bin if you really want to play the game! Last I moved was 8.08, so I guess I'll take 8.50 for it. Smiley Wink Big kernels at 14.9%. Decided to take some heat off my shoulders and sold 7500 beans for 16.09. That cleans up the bean pile. Putting SRW back in the bin in the afternoons, and dragging beans up the road at night. Good god it's fun working by yourself!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I'll bet ol SW is really going "bare" hunting, like on one of them there South of France beaches. Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

bear01.gif

0 Kudos