cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Re: Bear hibernate

After my neighbor[ No Crop Ins.] got his net 62 dry bu. at 50 bu. wt. [ wet moisture 28 to 30] .....Now I know for sure I went the right way with Fed. Crop Ins. and PP.     Ya , I know ECI.....crop ins is for "wimpy cats"   LATW to the bank !!!!    John

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I carry crop insurance but still have an incentive to "Get-R-Done". Crop insurance pays the bills around here, but it won't put any money in the bank.
0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yes, even a 5 acre pond in a productive 80 makes it almost impossible to acheive a respectable yield average for the 80. Worse yet you have to look at that darn hole all season long. It not only is not producing but it costs you to own it and you lose whatever imputs you put into it.

So instead of pride in the 75 acres that are producing, we become focused on the darn 5 acres that is not.

0 Kudos
knownothingwann
Contributor

It would have been nice if it were just a 5 acre pond. Really got lucky the beans did as well as they did.  Glad we didn't give up on it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Wow that is a  really cool picture!  What are we coming to? Field scouting with a drone?

0 Kudos
knownothingwann
Contributor

That's exactly what it is.  It's a quadcopter drone with a GoPro camera strapped to the belly. Our agronomist, Tom Smidt from Greene, has the equipment.

0 Kudos