cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Walter
Advisor

Beat the Expert

I found this photo of Scott Shellady on my desktop this morning, and it reminded what a fun time we had playing "Beat the Expert" a couple years ago at Commodity Classic. How about we test Scott again? Let's say we predict the closes for next Friday for corn and soybeans.  Winner will get a little swag from Successful Farming. Game on? -- John

Scott.jpg

0 Kudos
23 Replies
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

Re: Beat the Expert

The more the merrier. Let's have a go at this. I am assuming that what is being asked for is the closing price for Monday April the 2nd. So, here we go....

Corn 675

Beans 1400

I am mildly bullish but would like to see what you guys think.

Have a swing at it.

Scott

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

I'll be the first "super bull" to throw a guess out. I'm gonna say we hit 7$ next Friday but settle off around 6.85 may corn. 14.25 on old beans.
0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Change the 'game'

Okay, let's make it for close of next Friday, March 30--corn and soybeans. (I just edited my original post above.) Scott, if you want to stick to your earlier prediction, fine. But, we'll allow an amendment, if you wish. --John

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Change the 'game'

Soybeans will be in the $12s and corn in the $5s.

And we will be wondering what the heck happened. I'll take a new JD R series, John

0 Kudos
littlebutch
Senior Reader

Soybeans 13.88 - Corn 6.65
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

sybns 14.11,   Corn 6.94

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

I say it's a fool's game to bet on the aftermath of a report when everyone says the figures are no good and the immediate reaction is often completely contrarian. But, I could use some entertainment since I'm still getting snow out here.

I say, 'break a leg!'.

0 Kudos
tree fmr
Advisor

5.99 corn

12.65 beans

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Hi, Mark: Well, the operative term here is "game." Not asking you to bet the farm or anything. It won't be an official contest if you don't throw out your guesses. Seventy and sunny here in Iowa this morning, sorry... -- John

0 Kudos