cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Been down to the forum

I said the farm economy was terrible under Reagan I lived thru it kraft. Carter started the runaway inflation and throw in the grain embargo the stage was set for low farm income and high interest rates to come thru the 80s. Volker was next to criminal with what he did to the family farm I get that however as a world leader Reagan was effective Im sure the east germans are thankful.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

so, you've been to the forum and didn't like it there but chose to bring it back here?  Good job.  This forum has been getting more and more off topic for the last few years and it's been getting less and less relevant in the past few months.  You've turned it into what you are complaining about.  Congratulations.

Contributor

Exactly as Jim Meade suggests.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Man you guys need to lighten most of what I post is relavant to marketing so I get sidetracked sometimes with things I'm passionate about as do others on this forum. You didn't have to read it Jim. Sometimes a look back at our political history will shed some light on where we might be headed. Study history study the political parties and study economics and you can sometimes get an idea where things are headed when the tide turns. How well are you positioned for higher interest rates and lower crop prices.??? Macro marketing goes far and beyond should I sell or hold today
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jim, I`ll just say this: the Forum is a place to have fun and discuss politics, no one is mean or out of line and as long as there`s news, there will be discussion for the Forum page.  The Forum is relevent, the Market page has 49,000 posts and the Forum page has 108,000, so there is activity.  Well, half of the 108,000 posts are mine, but that`s besides the point  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

" You didn't have to read it Jim."  I seldom do any more.  I may look at the subject line of the base post, but except for one or two posters or if the subject line is relevant, I don't bother to open them whereas a few years ago I'd have read nearly every post on this forum.  Palouser and Ray Jenkins are usually worth a read.  Not many other member posters say things that one can seriously consider in marketing one's crop.  It's pretty much chit chat.

0 Kudos