cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Been reading - China's

...heavy crop regions are fairly short on moisture - C/B are not doing that great.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Been reading - China's

China doesn't care about moisture, they are waiting for Corn to drop to $3.25-$3.00 and soybeans to go to $9.00.  They might just cancel some cargos to drop the price faster.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ag-?
Veteran Contributor

Corn here in North Dakota is already 2.49 at local elevator and soybeans range from 9.50 to 9.75 range not going to be fun fall even if you have good crop.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Cutting the nice crop is the fun. Don't take that part for granted.
0 Kudos
ag-?
Veteran Contributor

Yes its nice to cut good crop but I have gone through this before of cutting a good crop and loosing money doing it takes alot of the fun out of it. I guess the reason is that when you are harvesting above average crop and loosing money it usually means were in for another year or several years of financial difficulty before economics change. Also usually big crop here in northern North Dakota means a difficult crop to get harvested we will be dealing with wet conditions and short days to get this crop off before were done harvesting. Earlier you were involved in discussion thread on drought versus wet to flooded conditions when we deal with wet conditions its also involves harvest and winter comes much sooner and last much longer than  you so the added pressure of getting it harvested and now doing this for loss and having to add additional harvest costs to get this crop off fun can disappear real quick. If you get a chance some time ask some custom cutters what its like to harvest a crop in Northern North Dakota  from Minot up to Bottineau to Devils Lake/Langdon area when we get to late side and wet. alot of time these cutters leave before they can complete the job or just won't cut anymore this far north. Our seasons and time to get crop grown and harvested is at least two months shorter than yours and possibile 3 months shorter but i also know the problems you deal with are just as serious and we can't imagine problems of growing a crop you have. This year i have friends and relatives who farm in Southern and Western North Dakota where they usually deal with dry conditions wonder if they will have enough rain to grow a crop and this year they have experienced the wet and i am hearing from them frustration and need for patience to grow a crop them asking how we deal with this. They will still have extra time we don't have of at least another 2 to 3 weeks before winter sets in.

0 Kudos