cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Below 0 and snow

Tues thru Thurs in BR this week.  Huge cold spell there. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Below 0 and snow

Brazil could have most intense cold snap this century, with “feels like” temperatures of -25ºC

According to numerical models analyzed by MetSul, the temperature will be lower than in late June and early July this year, when frost caused much damage to Brazilian agribusiness.

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - An intense cold air mass may cause the lowest temperatures of the century in Brazil. In the most extreme places of the southern region, the thermal sensation ("feels like" temperature) may reach -25ºC, with a high probability of snow, according to MetSul Meteorologia.

The studies published by the meteorological society are still preliminary and should be confirmed this weekend or Monday (26). The mass of intense polar origin should start between Tuesday and Wednesday next week and extend until the end of the week.

According to numerical models analyzed by MetSul

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yeah, a couple coffee calls do a lot to heal up what's otherwise been a frustrating year.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

While I think that coffee can go higher it is now pretty rich to play.

OJ might be worth a lotto ticket- BRA actually is more dominant there than the global coffee market.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

King Ranch is the largest orange juice producer maybe in the world.

Interesting fact. 

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Southern São Paulo looks pretty darn cold but I assume that oranges are at a lower elevation than coffee.

Market seemed only modestly concerned after some frosting last week, looks like wait and see today.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Soft wet corn

Get it?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Soft wet corn

I don’t think the corn market cares right now.

Coffee, sugar, maybe OJ care a lot.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: Soft wet corn

Wright  -  excellent  point ,  as  shipping  on  a  vessel  could  be  extremly   complicated  -  -  -

0 Kudos