cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Big China News?

50 billion in new Ag sales to China?   

They could buy our entire soybean crop and have billions left over.

This could be a big deal.    We shall see.

4 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Big China News?

I hope so.

Might be a market for my still green beans.

At least they aren't oliver green anymore.

Kind of a pale yellowish green, but still green. 

Tried to post a picture but error code said i had reached my 1000 picture limit. Before that it said picture needed downsized. After i downsized it said i was over limit.

Tonight should "burn "them pretty good.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

And $50 Billion is only 1/8th of the trade deficit that we annually run with them.  It`d be only fair if they did buy everything ag related that we could supply....i need to buy another 80 and put up a maxi hog barn.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

KEY    WORD    -   Partial  -       

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: $50 billion, where'd that come from?

Back in the spring the trump administration put out a $50 billion number but at the time the Chinese corrected that, saying they would make additional purchases within bounds of what was needed.

From what I've been able to read, the Chinese simply agreed to continue buying US ag. products as long as the tariffs scheduled for Oct 15th aren't enacted.  When you think about that for a minute you quickly realize that it's "gimme" for Chinese. They get to continue doing what they want and need to do while at least postponing more tariffs. Sure the Chinese are playing defense but they're doing it very well.

Ironically, recently the Chinese reported purchased five shiploads of beans from Brazil despite the fact that Brazil is supposedly "out of beans".  Undoubtedly they did that just to remind US bean merchants that they weren't the only game in town.  Likewise, last summer, the Chinese bought some token loads from the US in the middle of  Brazilian bean buying season. And the served to immediately temper bean prices in Brazil.

0 Kudos