cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Blue Bell Ice Cream Recall. (Off Topic)

Blue Bell has recalled their ice cream due to listeria concerns.  If you have some in your freezer; it is probably a good idea to throw it away.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/20/health/blue-bell-ice-cream-recall/  

I know this post is not related to marketing, but I posted it in this forum because I thought this is where it would get the most views.  I hope it is ok.  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Blue Bell Ice Cream Recall. (Off Topic)

I did have some in the freezer so I did just that, I threw it away-----1 spoonful at a time.  Smiley Very Happy

My wife asked me "WTH are you doing" and my response was that I was saving her life at the same time I was reducing food waste.

If I don't post for a few days you know the ice cream was tainted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

SF are you aka Southern Farmer? Thanks for the heads up!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I post under the username Funacres Daughter on newagtalk.   I have never used the username Southern Farmer in any website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Just curious as the wording in your post was the same as Southern Farmer. It was more than likely just the link's wording. I am not smart enough to remember two usernames so have to stick with the same one!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I put a very similiar post on newagtalk that Southern Farmer replied to.  I did not see another post relating to the ice cream recall.  Did Southern Farmer post about the recall on another website?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Shaggy98,

I respect the fact that you do not waste food.  

That said, while bravely saving your wife's life one spoonful at a time, please be careful that you do not end up reducing agriculture.com's poster population.  Your sense of humor would be missed.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

SF--I stand corrected! You are right as I got you two mixed up. My apologies.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No problem, glad you got it figured out.  

0 Kudos