cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: Border Boondoggle Carnival

Let's  keep  in  mind , south  bound  border  crossing  truck -  train  traffic  contains  enormous  amounts  of  USA  product$ ,  which  don't  need  to  be  jeopardized , then  subsidized,  with  taxpayer  handouts  -  -  - 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

So you aren`t sitting at the border now, this doesn`t effect you personally.   You want open borders for ... reasons.  Sorry, I can`t go along with that. 

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Showing  your  hand  like  politicians ,  &   where  are  these  open  borders ,  besides  the  check  points ,  ports  of  entry's  that  thousands pedestrians  pass  through  a  day - ? 

Kinda  like  the  I - 80  speed  limits ,  of  left  lane   '''10+''' mph  over  the  posted  limits ,  then  whine  about  current  fuel  pricing  -   -   - 

Asking  me  if  I'm  at  the  border , doesn't  explain  how  many  times  you  have  crossed  on  occasion  - ?  ?  ? 

Border  commerce  will  continue  ( Laredo,  thousands  of  trucks  per  day ) &  always  trump  lame  political  yapping  in  short  order ,  like  the  statements  made  in  2018 -19  of  closing  it  entirely , as  we  witnessed  how  that  went -  -  -

HINT  -An  I-35 toll  by-pass  loop ,  around  the  Eastside  of  Austin Tx.  was  enacted  to  relieve  commercial  truck  traffic  congestion , touted  by  the  current  Governor ,  to  keep  commerce  moving   -  -  -        

dwillinois
Senior Contributor

Commerce goes through check point Charlie, illegals and fentanyl and everything else go through wherever they want

Are you denying there is no one coming in illegally.... are you really having this conversation

Ending title 42 I assume you are ok with.....

Should you come here the legal way or just simply swim or walk across, try doing the same in reverse going into Mexico

Why are current fuel prices where they are at ...because of 10mph over speed limits?? Who's showing their hand as a politician

And no rallies will be held at the big packers or big hog house's gotta keep those margins big and profitable the establishment on both sides do not want that, they would lose the argument of jobs Americans won't do.

Too big to fail?

k-289
Senior Advisor

Better  fuel  mileage  at  85+ ?   Spend  some  time  at  the  ports  of  entry ,  and  watch  the  volumes  of  foot  traffic ,  and  witness  the  entrants  - - -

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Biden ended the "remain in Mexico" policy (that had worked so well) on his first day in office, now there are caravans pouring over the border in various ways.  Governors on the frontlines have to do something, because the federal government is currently inept.  

It isn`t so simple as "Abbott is just inspecting trucks at the border to harm truckdrivers" .  Truckdrivers tend to be Republican, he would be the last person to harm that group.  And I flat out will not buy fruit or vegetables from south of the border, if it has anything other than the USA label, for what I eat.   Maybe a item or 2 slips past my goalie, but I like my food to taste good and I like those who pick it wash their hands.

k-289
Senior Advisor

And  whom  do  you  think  picks  it  in  the  US ,   folks  from  Norway - ? 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If we have to depend on illegal labor to have a viable US fruit & vegetable production, things are FUBARed more than we realize ... meanwhile Biden and the Dems are contemplating writing off student debts?   Hmm... able body people in their 20s with student debt from worthless basket weaving degrees and there`s vegetables in the fields needing picked?  I see a opportunity.

The Norwegian I hire in the fall, I pay him and he goes HOME.   I like him but he isn`t a member of my family, I`m not paying for his kid`s college, I not buying him a I-Phone, I`m not paying him a pension.  When I`m done with him and he`s paid, he goes HOME.  

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Visit  the  Rio Grande Valley ,  Salinas  Calif ,   Yakima  Wash. ,  to  name  a  few  of  the  produce  areas,  &  do  a  labor  census  -  discovery ,  to  verify  the  daily  operations.  Behind  closed  doors,  even  some  prominent  farm  groups  admit  it's  a  reality , except on  election  year .   Even  locally,   visit  an  animal  harvest  facility  and  decide  if  you  want  your  children  or  grandchildren  to  participate  in  that  career  -  maybe ,     and  be  part  of  an  International Corporation -  -  -

Even  a   fellow  running  for  Governor  in  the  Corhusker  State  is  having  to  deal  with  un-documented  pork  laborers  legal  matters  according  to  campaign  advertisements  -   -   -       

0 Kudos
RJG640v8
Advisor

0 Kudos