Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Boy I hope if you needed a rain you got it

Cause the market sure is sick tonight

I guess we are on track for a bumper crop

Wow is all I can say

Trying to figure out where to step in here

Even the die hards have stepped to the sidelines

Maybe this is the week we flush things out going into the August report?

I dunno
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Re: Boy I hope if you needed a rain you got it

Yeah Mizzou - we got a million dollar rain yesterday ! picked up another 7 tenths - heck it had been ALMOST 4 days with out some liquid sunshine - then I don't what we got over night - Indy got from 2 to 3 inchs , but the best news of all ?? Indy broke the all time rainfall amount for July - the old record was made in 1875 !  Now Shelbyville is my closest reporting station and they are 5 inchs below Indy - I don't think we could have took the extra 5 here at poor farm acres - lol   Oh and I forgot - we are in second place for all time rain for the summer - come on big clouds - you can do it - Smiley Happy

Well I need to do book work - so I guess thats what I will do today - this old man can't take that 75 degree dew point like he use to .  lol

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Finished spraying the beans Saturday.

Drove thru beans that needed a rain to survive the concrete clay and drove thru standing water all in the same pass. Heck water still seeping out of the ground.

At this point I would take a 75 dew point. We had a few days it was 82-84. That's freaking rough
0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

weather in places like IL is pretty extreme with the big heat now. just seems like if IL gets cut back....wow things could get kinda short. there ain't enough IA, MN, NE to make a big national crop.
0 Kudos
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Now hold on a minute Markwrong.  You informed me a year ago that there really wasn't much corn raised east of the Mississippi and Illinois really wasn't a player.  So how is that now you think Illinois has the potential to shrink this crop even further?

0 Kudos
NCILL
Frequent Contributor

After all the rain early the spiqout has been closed. Wet holes in every field, fired corn growing in and around these holes. "Well I looks great from the road" With only surface roots on this corn crop we are going to need weekly rains to maintain even close to average yields here 60 miles west of Chicago. These traders have no clue. "Favorable weather"?????????????? We are losing yield daily with " normal temps", let alone this current heat spell. Buying some calls today to double dip when they realize how wrong they are. At least the theivery should spark some new buying. #nothappy
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

NE doesnt have a big crop coming.

Average at best, nothing special there.

Its going to take MN, ND, SD to clean up issues in MO, KS, OH

That means IA has to carry IL and IN

And lets not forget the mid and deep south, they dont exactly have a monster crop either.

Point is, this crop is no better than 2013 on a national scale when it comes to corn

Beans, IMO are a train wreck waiting to happen.

But Chicago seems to think all is well.

FWIW, you can find it ironic or not, but getting ready to put up another tin can.

0 Kudos
NCILL
Frequent Contributor

What was the average corn price in 2013 Mizzou? With the pp on corn,late planted corn(which is the worst I have ever seen) and acreage switch away from corn due to the calender that has occurred this year I'd hate to be an end user, because the bins on my farm will be locked for a long while with these insulting prices insue.
0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Good post, Mizzou,

i agree NE will just be so so. MN has a chance of their best ever crop....depends on normal frost. IA too could be a record.....depends on normal frost. IF the USA happens to freeze the end of Aug or 1st part of Sept...that' s the final nail in the crop which just seems to run into 1 weather extreme after the other this year. Beans.....jeez....they might make 2.8b total....might not too. MO Corn? let's get to 12b 1st, then worry bout the records after that. I think the strong el nino thing is going to cut BR back to maybe 1/2 a crop this winter. we'll see. Also since the timing of el nino is Now ( early 2015 ) thru Mid 2016 ( summer ).....hmmmm. wonder how that trend works out for the proven wet usa area trend on into 2016? could be globally pretty low on beans over the next year or so. we'll see.
0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: Illinois Steve,

Don't drive him away Steve...we've been pretty well rewarded for selling cattle every time he spouts off about $200 fats. Every site needs diverging views and I love it when ours diverge from his. :-)

0 Kudos