cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Boy we missed this one

Seems to be the first sentence out of most of the weather people here. 8 inches of heavy wet stuff here and maybe 2 more by noon. Had to clear the first 1 1/4 mile of co road last night so the wife could make the hill and driveway. Sure wish this was out in western Ks.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Boy we missed this one

Hobby, you surely received some good snow in NW Kansas last week didn't you?
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

So far so good here !! None of that dang snow !!!!!!!! I will do my best to keep out there where it's neded , but we did get 8 tenths of party cloudy yesterday and last night .

BTW for you Northern guy's -- The last 10 days have been seeing Sand Hills  headed your way ! Spring and warm weather has to be close !  lol

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

Shaggy,  I was thinking the same thing.  You might have to drive over and check Hobby's super snow  gauge for him.  My nephew's in southern Gove Co. had 11".  Their wheat was looking good before the snow.

Here in central IA we caught a surprise 7" snow.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Well the total out "west" was about 15 inches.

Best part is it came on thawed ground. BUT this is pretty much a waste here in South Podunk Country as we have a foot or so of frost and it will just help the river and pond levels more than any recharge of subsoil.

Still wish this 1 inch equivilent of moisture was piled on top of what is already soaking into the Kansas farms. The 15 inches of snow out there is not a drought buster but it is encouraging. I do have faith out there as I had "bassett&co" go to a sale and buy another FSA farm # out there a few days ago for me.

0 Kudos