cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Gullible

Yep - still can’t handle the truth....surprise, surprise, surprise...

Jen

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Legislatively CONGRESS should`ve backed President Trump, instead of forcing him to address the trade deficit executively.  I`m not totally blaming Democrats, there are "chamber of commerce Republicans" that threw monkey wrenches in the gears as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/democrats-in-debate-criticize-trump-over-china-tariffs-and-trade-war... 

Democratic presidential hopefuls hammered President Donald Trump over his trade war with China in Thursday’s debate as fears grow about the conflict shaking the global economy.

The 10 candidates on stage in Houston portrayed an impulsive president with little concrete plan to force Beijing to change what Trump calls unfair trade practices.

Both entrepreneur Andrew Yang and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro called the White House’s decisions “haphazard.” Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Kamala Harris, D-Calif., called out the president’s penchant for announcing trade policy through tweet.

The pile on shows a field more comfortable with picking apart Trump’s economic conflict with the world’s second largest economy than they were even a few months ago. As companies and consumers show more uneasiness about escalating rounds of tariffs on American and Chinese goods, Democrats came prepared to score points over the president’s trade policy.

South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg pointed out that Trump had previously argued the small-city official would not be able to negotiate with Chinese President Xi Jinping. “I’d like to see him make a deal with Xi Jinping,” Buttigieg cracked Thursday, referencing Trump’s months long effort to strike a trade agreement with China.

-----------------------------------------------------

Smiley Surprised  "..of what he (Trump) calls China`s unfair trade practices.."    Yeah and anyone that has a working brain in their head would call China`s trade practices unfair.  Gotta love CNBC`s editorializing the news.  

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Yep, I'm the one who jumps to personal insults.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

What personal insult?  I didn’t call you girly.  Or ze.  Of the rest of the plethora of insults that are directed at me from the “super posters” here.

You don’t like what I write - don’t read it.  You have that right.

Jen

0 Kudos

Jen & Hollaway - 

When do you guys find time to farm??  You seem to ascribe awesome power to one person to affect the world. It doesn't work that way. Trump is president whether you like it or not, so just factor that into your business. I happen to like it, and I had a record crop year in 2018 and a record financial year last year. I didn't like it as much under the previous president, but really, the only thing did that actually would have directly affected my business was WOTUS.  Who the president it doesn't affect what seed you buy, or what soil tests you do, or how you control weeds in pasture, and this myriad of little things is what makes a business a success.  Like the weather, the government is one of those things you have little control over that you just have to deal with as it is, not as you wish it was.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Wow, we had two posts on this thread that had information on marketing. And then it turned to crap. 

Please take this crap back to the forum and stay there. 

Veteran Advisor

Trump’s failure to secure a GREAT trade deal with China, has a heck of a lot to do with marketing.  You just don’t like the fact, that Trump’s “Trade wars are easy to win” was just more of his hyperbole - and it has cost farmers  BIG TIME....

If some of you have made more money than ever - good for you.  But the number of farm failures at this point, speaks volumes....

Jen

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re:To be honest, trump's ....

To be honest, trump's catastrophic trade war (and not just with China) is almost beside the point now.  Trump has a lot of bigger sins on his head, namely thousands of American lives.  And it isn't just his three-month denial of the threat or his deliberate suppression of the initial response ( lack of testing capability & equipment procurement) but his counterproductive actions continue. 

Even today with the national stockpile almost depleted, there are reports that the administration inept handing has resulted in further delays of PPE manufacturing. Last week, the manufacturing capacity of PPE wasn't installed and made operational because the companies involved lacked the financing to continue work.  They simply couldn't get the private financing to continue.  Those provisions of the Defense Production Act that would have guaranteed the financing of equipment and operations still haven't been authorized by trump.

What are we going to do when the second wave of virus hits?  China is already in the midst of knocking back this second wave.

Meanwhile, yesterday, trump is talking about opening up the economy when the large scale testing capability necessary still isn't available, it's just not.  Those people who tested negative last week can become positive tomorrow.

With the presence of so many asymptomatic positive carriers, people will need to be tested at regular intervals as they go back to work.  Whenever a positive pops up, rigorous contact tracing & testing will be required. 

Trump brags about testing 2 million, what's that compared to the 330 million, almost nothing.

It's hard to talk about marketing when the world is still very much on fire! 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Oh Wow! A milk truck just went by, the first in two days. Talk about marketing?

Oh Wow! A milk truck just went by, the first I've seen in two days when normally it's at least one every hour. 

That's at least a 100 loads of milk that hasn't gone to market in four days, just by farm alone.

It's hard to talk about marketing when there's literally no market.

0 Kudos