cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisvieira
Senior Contributor

Brazil to beat US in soybeans for the first time

Hello boys,

Official projections from both Brazilian and American institutions are saying that Brazil will have a record soybeans crop and will surpass the United States in the next year. The USDA estimates that the Brazilian soybean production will reach 81 million tons, while in America will not beat 73 million.  Agroconsult, a Brazilian consultancy, forecasts the South American country will produce 83 million tons of soybeans in 2013.

On the eve of that reality, how do you guys plan the future?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Brazil to beat US in soybeans for the first time

Hello and thanks for the info.

Did you know some of those same enities forecasted a record crop for S A ,last year and a "blow your doors off"  corn crop and a decent bean crop this year for NA? They were/are wrong twice so far...

Is the drought over? Will the pendilum swing to too wet and have major crop reduction event like several years ago?

Somebody is going to need to raise a crop to keep the people fed.

These prices are not in the best intrest of most of the population including many farmers.

0 Kudos
luisvieira
Senior Contributor

Yes, the drought of this year is over, but dry days can return, indeed. Just closer to the harvest we can have more certainty, but I don't think we would have two consecutive crops of losses here.

And what about the institutions.... yes, they can be wrong, but I don't think anyone has better information than the USDA with monitoring offices all around.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

That's all we need.....another overzealous prediction from the USDA.   

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

even though first 2 were small, US has 3 consecutive "crop losses" caused by heat/dryness.

the "biggest" crop ever report from down south has an EEERRRIEE ring to it.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I am convinced that by the time what ever crop they grow down there, there will be a need for it world wide as our crop is getting smaller by the day in the corn fields and the beans are missing many of the rains in many areas and were planted earlier and have been stressed almost to death in many areas and will not come anywhere near a decent yield for many farmers.

0 Kudos
luisvieira
Senior Contributor

Anyway I can tell you that there is no way that Brazil will decrease soybean production in 2012/12. Just in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul there was over 50,000 hectares (123 552,691 acres) will be shifted from rice to soybeans. Farmers, as the market, are just crazy...

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Yeah, i think i saw a video about how crazy/ruthless they are.

0 Kudos