Honored Advisor

Bring your brass monkeys in Wednesday Thursday

30 below here, high of -20.  There`s something about a correlation between ice on Lake Superior and  corn yields, however it looks like Duluth will be warmer than NCIA. 

Honored Advisor

Re: Bring your brass monkeys in Wednesday Thursday

Keep warm BA............... or head south and visit for a week..

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sunshine and 40's for sw - T-shirt weatherSmiley Happy

Honored Advisor

balmy for january......... without much wind...... seems like the hard winter has moved on east........Planting is just 75 days away   Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

Pitchers and catchers first workout is 16 days away.

AH SPRINGHeartHeart

Senior Contributor

Relatives in your part of the country are calving just now (6 to 10 a day).  The weather there is near perfect for that, here at -40+ wind chills it would be tuff on those little critters. 

Check the antifreeze protection in your engines.  Son found one at -15*.  Will have to do something there.  Maybe this cold weather will kill all the Japanese beetles!!  

On the marketing side, not much grain moving just now and the corn stoves are maxed out.  Stay warm. 

Honored Advisor

Well it`s -31 here, they weren`t kidding, Rochester Mn is -34 I suppose the skies cleared off up there and they`re in a valley.  I think the record is -40, I don`t want any part of that.  It`s going to be 38 above on Saturday which is terrific.  Forecasters have a tough time predicting precipitation, but they usually hit the temperatures pretty close and when they predict cold, it errs on the side of being colder.  All I ask is when it gets spring, be "spring", not late April snow storms and 40 days & nights of rain.  My tile works much better in a drought   Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

Had a low of -21* and a wind chill of -49* here in central IA.  Yes, Sat looks nice.  I can remember back in the late 70's or early 80's the temp got below freezing in Dec. and it did not get above freezing until March.  I don't mind the cold, just part of living in IA but that Winter we could hardly wait till Spring. 

Veteran Contributor

WOW, thats cold!! you guys can keep it.. I thought 7 and windchill of-14 was bad.
65 degrees here Monday
Honored Advisor

University of Iowa shut down classes a couple days and they are in the "south"   Smiley Happy   Friends in St Louis said it was -4 down there and 30`s in Florida.  Uff-dah!