Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Bucky. What's your COP?

Let's hear it Bucky. What's your COP

You seem interested in knowing everyone else's

What about yours. And don't be shy farmer89. Let's hear yours too since you seen to be full of piss and vinegar too

Let's hear em boyz. You are so dang worried about it. YOU GO FIRST

AND FYI, I'm not worried about my COP, it's probably one of the lowest around.
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Bucky. What's your COP?

I'll challenge you on the lowest COP MT.  Don't forget I'm from dryland Kansas and have yield goals accordingly.  Smiley Very Happy

I know I know, I'm butting my nose somewhere it isn't welcome.  Not really my battle.

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

12.80  cop 

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

12.80 tells us nothing.
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Shaggy. I'm sure you run a tight ship, but I bet you would be surprised at how low I run an acre of corn and beans
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Tight ship is right, I cant afford to grow either of those crops.  Been there, done that.  Smiley Very Happy

Truth be known, I could care less what your cop is or anyone else's for that matter.  Don't take that the wrong way, I hope you're able to pencil out a positive return but it shouldn't be any of my business or anyone else's business.  The only COP that concern's me is my own.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Good gravy shag. What do you grow? Wheat and Milo?

I still haven't found anything that beats beans in my area. Spend a bill per acre to put em in and can cut 40-60 bushel beans in the fall

Wheat has the DC soya advantage and less risk on weather but is still a distant second and hard to get perfect

Corn worked great this year. Very rare it does this good so it's hard to be consistent and thus third
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Bucky must be getting his butt chewed by his trading boss for all the green on the screen and red in the margin account
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

You nailed it MT.  I tried corn for a year and if it weren't for the high insurance gaurantee going in I'd have lost my shorts.  Same year I cut 130 B/A milo.  Never tried soybeans, but I don't like the bare ground they leave after harvest so that's probably the reason why.  Until something changes, I'll stick to what has been proven in this area many years over.  Wheat-Milo-Fallow

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

130 milo is good especially if you have an outlet. Local market here is rough for milo. Local eplants buy some to blend at I think 10% and a few specialty buyers. That's it. So unless you have a burning desire to screw with it around here it's kinda hard to get rid of
0 Kudos