cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Build back better

Green N seems to be a very promising way to produce a valuable product from stranded renewable energy*.

Not just for fertilizer but for transportation fuel for some applications as well.

But N fertilizer would be the easy place to start.

*Lotsa jobs and tax revenue for some places out in the boonies. In most cases, a lot more than oil and gas.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Solar energy, Nirtogen production, wait did I miss something here?

A good alfalfa sod can produce 250-500 lb of N per acre,  15 lb of seed is $30, even if you took a couple of early cuttings for forage and let it grow half the season you'll have plenty of N to grow a crop of corn.  Red clover is just as good and cheaper.  Conservatively then, $30 for 150 of N is 20 cents per lb.  Two cuttings of alfalfa hay will pretty much pay the establishment costs.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

let it go...... I told ya this wasn't worth the discussion..... it had no chance.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'm sorry about the kids on your lawn, Cletus.

Of course it does- the technology exists currently and can certainly produce N at $1000/ton, although I am sure it can get much better.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJGAkI8XsAAh56j?format=jpg&name=medium

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

And I'm sorry about all the dang newfangled stuff that you guys spit and curse about at the coffee shop.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

the stuff is what is expected at the Chinese carnival.  The apology is appropriate because that stuff is mandated by the "helicopter parent" government of the US.  

We do not have all the answers simply because we have a title or a seat or tenure

0 Kudos