cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capinegro3901115
Veteran Contributor

Bull or Bear will be interesting week

Both sides each day this week will have info from the Pro Farmer Tour. Could be a day traders week of up's and down's. Also not that the Sept grain options expire Friday too.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Bull or Bear will be interesting week

Nothing new will come out of this tour.......The yields are already known by everyone already.  USDA predicted these record yields back in March.  There is really no need to trespass in hundreds of farmer's fields to verify these record crop yields.  By the way, if anyone checks my fields, I want my ears of corn back.......the price is down and not all of us have two ears per stalk.....Smiley Wink

turdypointbuck
Frequent Contributor

They don't come to my area, but if they did, I'd call the sherrif on them for trespassing.
0 Kudos
farmer46
Senior Contributor

LOL, tiger. I am fighting coon here 1/2 my sweet corn is gone in about 2 days. I may fail at my only crop, which I could make some money.  My late May planted field corn has not yet all tassled along the great cooler, Lake Mich, only low 50,s at night and high 60 in the daytime. I believe the dairy farmers here will harvest record silage corn acres (maybe 25% more than normal) to equal a normal tonnage.  

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Your screwed 46.

As for this tour I will get to laugh at mt s take on the pro farmer yield conspiracy
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

he will say

they are lying.  they are trying to screw the farmer with cheap food policy.  they are just talking their short position.  can hear the excuses now.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: he will say

Had a nice visit with a farmer from out east and most of Ill has a blow your doors off record breaking crop coming into the home stretch. Might be the aborration year that Iowa is #2 in corn production. Some areas up on the northern side have some 125 bu corn mixed in with their 200 bu fields, but many in the center have some that will be very close to 300 bu field averages.

Storage and drying will be at a premium there.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Every week is interesting to me - it just happens to be the week after a significant time/place in the grain markets.

----anyone who doesn't understand last Tues trade was almost identical to the 2014 - Jan Final report ---- well, good hope - it may cost you.

This week is only shrouded in mystery - the illusion is meant to be jarring so the strong hands can accomplish more -- and allow some to be presumptive.

if Gulke is waking up -one would guess that to be a good clue (you would hope)

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Cx--are you saying in your post above that you think corn might actually go up? Hope you are right. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

hadn't you read nat last wk? put a lot on Tue-Th

vol on Tues was telling - trends eventually end -- this bear has been 2-3 longest outta 20 since 1900 per Flannigan-owner of Gann's materials. 

0 Kudos