cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkadds
Advisor

Re: Bull or Bear will be interesting week

Chartist seem to think we have considerable downside left. $3.30 area. Nonchartist disagree. My synopsis for a week of reading.
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

i dont know what a reversal wkly bar looks like to them...or how they use measuring gaps, vol - intraday, as well - OI....or how/if they are able to synthesize charts, internals - ALL other data - or the non-chartists, as you say.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

bkadds,

you notice total C vol exceeded Jun stocks last Tue? Sep contract vol exceeded Jun 30 stocks, etc?

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Cx--can you translate your last posting into English for those of us who only speak it? Lol
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

more corn is contracted for sale on the board than existed in the June 30 stocks inventory numbers.

More corn is sold than we have so a lot of contracts will have to be bought back on the board before sept price comes off the board and before harvest begins.

I think that is it

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Thanks sw. That is how I read it.
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

sorry guys,

many variables involved, not simply higher OI.....................

the OI delta is but a small component of this - I thought i was/am speaking English Smiley Frustrated

volume = contracts which exchanged hands - relative quantity is higher = more bloodshed.

the fact that we had more $$$ exchange hands on a smaller price range day is significant.

the OI delta (charting it vs. price chart ) from 7/15 through report which is also noteworthy.

+ bkadds, flora krebs cycle requires a diff source of heat  to respire than we do.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

While that is technically true, they do not have to be bought at a higher price than today. Game of chicken by the big specs and big spread traders having little to do with corn actually.

I like the reversal too...but...the rain seems to be spreading out to cover lots of areas.

But in the distance, is that cold blue circle going to linger over the dakotas long enough to end it for them?

It will be an interesting week.

btw...I think PoorFarmer will find lots of amazing corn, and be surprised at lots that is not so amazing...meaning at the end of the week the data will support NASS in the 168 range. Thus...nothing changes at all. :-)

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Cx--my feeble little brain has a finite capacity and there was not room to retain the details of the Kreb cycle. That info was flushed long ago, but I get your drift! Can you explain your exchange comment? Thanks
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

168BPA-2 MIL Ac = < 168 + 2 mil ac...............you really believe there's enough Mother N time for this crop? i.e. gdu+pot. fr

bkadds, I seriously doubt you have a feeble little grey matter mass up there Smiley Wink I was just meaning, while we might rely on the sun a small amount for respiration, plants need it a bit more.

quarterly reports usually trade more volume than monthly s/d.

simplify it to E.  There was more energy transmitted/expelled/utilized last Tues....see below.

an analogy:

My family had Nasa friends (the engineer who headed limb design) @ ground control. I was lucky enough to be @ the Cape in Fl. in Apr of 1972 to witness Apollo 16 liftoff...i think it went to the moon. Saturn 5 was much bigger in size and mass than the shuttles, to store the potential E needed to obtain escape vel. from Earth's G 

similarly, for C - the E needed to propagate the SAME vector of motion on Jun 30 was less than E required last Tues. to apparently stop & reverse IT.

hope this makes some sense...Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbljFi0WBc 

0 Kudos