Honored Advisor

C`mon Beans!

upload-item

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: C`mon Beans!

What`s happened recently is a classic reason to grow before you sell, although there`s time to buy a call thingy. But these beans are frying up, some are turning, should be happening after Labor Day.  As fast as they were pushed, I don`t see record yields in North Iowa, rain and 70`s coming tomorrow, so i don`t suppose traders will want to go into the weekend long.

David Kruse was saying it reminds him of 1976, he and his wife went on a trip this time of year and the crops were green, they came back a week later and it was all brown,  he said corn can lose up to 40% of it`s yield after dent in this kind of weather.

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

I believe it is called a "Flash drought"  Happens a lot in western KS.  Corn and beans going south fast here in CIA.  Glad the "drought bull" woke up! Hold tight to those beans, not as many out there as we had hoped for.  The birds are even getting thirsty-they are swarming my air-conditioning drip!  High today of 96*.

Talked today to a farmer near Perry Iowa who is discing down 1900 A of corn.  The Derecho on Aug 10 is why.

How would that feel?  Instead of in a combine, your in a tractor discing your unharvested corn field?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Wind, it was maybe a blessing in disguise that prices weren`t  50¢ higher enticing more forward sales.  There never was an "opportunity" to sell.  This might wake China up too, that come November 4th "meet the new boss same as the old boss" that might as well deal with Trump now and meet Phase One, cause there`s gonna be a lot of "phases" in the next 4 years.  Smiley Happy

illinifarmer
Advisor

Ha ha that’s good.  Farmers have suffered for more than three years on promised trade agreements.  Three years for hopes of a phase 1 that never even happened.  What a joke.. oh there will be an agreement signed after the 4th.  However it will be very similar to 8 years ago , you remember when farmers got paid for growing the worlds food.  After all these facade rallies in the Dow And the grains on talks of a deal my god 800 days I would assume with zero results.  They should be handing money to farmers with a written apology.  History will tell the story basically how the US government bankrupted the Americans farmer and it all happened on one watch in less than three years.#Biden/Harris2020

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Don’t see a tough decision at all — I just can’t vote for candidates who are running the old protection racket (vote for us and we’ll stop breaking your windows).  It just doesn’t sit well with me.  Gang violence.

is it true that as many acres of crop are being flooded in China as was damaged by wind here?  Can’t remember the winds media name.  

0 Kudos
docharing
Veteran Contributor

Trump will be reelected by a large majority. He will then further decouple our economy from China. Your hope of China buying our grain to bail out overextended farmers will be over. We need to get back to a farm economy that is domestically viable. This will be tough because land rents, inputs, and profits will all be cut. I think it needs to happen and it will hurt. China will be isolated from the world economy by Trump!

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

8 cents more little bit ago

$9.25 ADM Des Moines cash.

Almost a dollar rise this month.

Corn up about 40 cents.

0 Kudos
RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

i'm in a different boat as I chop all my corn for silage.  On Aug 1st the agronomist and I did our yield estimate and came to 24 tons/acre.   Just finished chopping an hour ago and it looks like the yield is 20.5 tons/acre. Started a week earlier than the original plan , the spigots dried up and so did the corn. 

on drive bys looking at soybeans turning yellow on each and every knoll, knob and piece of high ground. 

sw & sc WI. 

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

just for balance, everything south of I-70 is simply incredible. Just remember that not every crop is grown in Iowa.

0 Kudos