cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: COP......DOUG......

Monsanto will likely be the biggest and the last ship to turn and I'm willing to "jump ship" to survive. 

0 Kudos
Senior Reader

I will second that wind. In fact I already jumped.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy   "When the water reaches the upper deck, follow the rats!"

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Will our small local co-ops fail first. Or will it take some of their bigger customers going out of business to hurt the co-ops.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

When times are good, everybody wants to be the Captain of the ship........When times are not good,  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting off the ship pretty fast.

The paid down debt thing is looking pretty good.

Keeping the powder dry for another day is also looking pretty good.  BTW, it's probably not a good thing to have the powder ON the ship!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

One of my landlords wanted more rent for next year . Sure glad I bought some land
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Most all of us at one time or other want things we aren't gonna get.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The key to happiness is wanting what you get.  And in a way we see what`s happening with grain prices, $4 corn and $12.50 beans + the Revenue Assurance of $5.65 that we all had if we were of sound mind gets us through `13. 

Now, we have a short year to prepare for the fall of 2014.  I`m tellin` you with any kind of decent weather corn`s first digit will be a "3" possibly a "2", so if you expect that no one should be too disappointed, if the 'other guy" gets a drought and corn is $5 or $6, then that will be a pleasant surprise.

5 years ago if someone told us that corn would be $4 in the fall of 2013, I think most of us would`ve been happy with that prognostication.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I keep hearing people talk about how bad it's going to be when we have $3.xx corn. In my area we've been sub $4 for a couple weeks now.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I think they have lowered their sights down to $2 something.  Won't that be fun again?

0 Kudos