cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

CX1, Wheat Yields?

CX1, I read where wheat harvest moved into Southern Kansas yesterday. Have you heard any yield information coming out of Texas or Oklahoma?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: CX1, Wheat Yields?

The Plains Grains June 7th report says initial yields in SW OK are in the 15-20 bu/acre range.  They also have yield ranges for TX in this and earlier reports:  http://plainsgrains.org/june-7th-2013/

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Thanks Nate, I'll check it out.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sorry Shaggy,

been out for a while.....I had not heard, but after reading Nate's post/link, i am not surprised.

the drought-freeze-drought-freeze-drought-freeze, then freeze again, wait did i leave one out?........ M Nature put 'em through the paces this spring.

interesting wide range in Tx.--a little more moisture as you move south and, of course, not as much cold central.

when do you believe you'll begin Har?

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I would think things will get started around here by next weekend with full swing by the 24th, just my guess.  The US Custom Harvesters website has two daily audio clips of interviews with their member harvesters and it sounds like around the OKC area the wheat isn't too bad.  I was curious if it was just a small pocket or if the whole crop in general was surprising people.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

RIGHT,

I never did any # est. with the HRW, but just empirically observing the spring unfold weatherwise, and condition ratings, we all had an idea the worse outdid the better in south central US.

where do you think you'll come in?....or do you leave that up to your agron people.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

That's kind of a loaded question CX1, especially with what this crop has had to endure from day 1. I fertilized for 80BPA, hoping for 60BPA, but in all reality, I better be happy with something around 40BPA.  Not earth shaking I know, but drought and frost don't go very well with crops, and that's what we have had since day 1.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I know that i don't know much about the process ------all factors considered, IMO---you won't be doin' too badly!!

i remember some of your pics and being impressed with "how green" after all the freezing........maybe the drought delayed development was a bit of a silver lining.Smiley Wink  

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I hope your right CX1, I'll post some results as I get them.  If all goes as planned (or maybe wishful thinking) you guys will be razing me with the ole "There aint no way you can get yields like that out of Central Kansas" adage.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos