cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Lack of Marketing, OK, give us an example, why not?

You guys kind of missed my point I think. 

BASED upon the existing policy, Bi-Partisan support to prevent any bankruptcy's, insurance subsidies, etal, the grain farm industry is incredibly stable. We become somewhat of a utility where paid for, owned, assets generate a greater than market rate of return, sometimes much greater.

To say there is no policy is absurd. $5 bil a year in ins subsidy is a policy just on its own. AND, it is an extemely bi-partisan one, so give the Bash your favorite party lie a rest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

BA......when was that "50 cents when corn was $7"??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Ray I think he is equating the direct payments for participation (limited to an anti rich adjustment) or entity limitation, to a per bushel equvilance..... assuming the bushels were raised on acres that qualified and every farm was the same size and raised the right number of bushels--------- but of course those payments were not based on any production at all.

It is like dividing your shoes by two and dividing that into the $24oo you got as compensation for isolation therapy for 3 months & reaching a conclusion that we got an extra $60 per pair of shoes, we're rich ........ and wishing we had more shoes not realizing that if we had twice as many shoes we would have gotten only $30 per pair.  Unfortunately at this point my analogy starts to resemble farm policy.  Maybe making time sound right.  We are better off with being so destitute we need diseaster payments now that we are on the shoe exchange rate.

Ya Farming has it so good...... even on marketing we are starting to sound like  we're delusional.  We may not even see the bankruptcy sales this year......... but Time. without a doubt there are going to be less of us.  So it is like the wheat crop half the acres failed and were killed, chopped, or plowed under.......... which means the remaining acres have a 10% higher rating than last month....... Time's attempt is to make us all feel better..... like methadone to the cronic diseaster payment junkie.

0 Kudos