cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

China could purchase much less U.S. farm product than thought...

China could purchase much less U.S. farm product than thought, new USDA estimate suggests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/02/20/china-could-purchase-much-less-us-farm-product-th...

I'll let the article speak for itself.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: China could purchase much less U.S. farm product than thought...

5 boat loads of Milo yesterday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

An article about the possibility of an outcome not being known...... written by a graduate of a Cullinary college.

Not one source of real data...... It is what the PRESS has become.... national enquirer ...... rambling potential, the sky could fall, this flu could be the end, EVERY year.  It is mind boggling how we give value to opinion.... and avoid information.

Todays floor talk is a great example of information that is factual based and void of a personal opinion hype,, the reader can interpret the information without being "trumped" by a "source".  Or having to read it through an interpreter.  If I have a consistant location I can see what is happening today without the total garbage of a "Cooking" expert spelling out potential outcomes, I will check it every day and know what is sitting in the loading docks.     It is frustrating.   The worst garbage in print we clamor to put out there.  If the article said China COULD buy 200 billion worth every tuesday it is still meaningless flap that deserves to be on the View..... not in a news source.. Needless to say the Washington Post is not a regular read for me.

But it is an interesting contrast of lack of information this article compared to the Maritime satilite view of the Brazilian port and the ships being loaded with beans for china's dead pigs--picture smuggled into another thread without editorial approval.  Ever wonder if there are ships in US ports?  According to the crap we publish.... they sit empty all year waiting for a distant chinese ship.  Smiley Happy

We our editors and publishers prefer fiction over information.  Just as usda prefers fiction over information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Extremely well said sw.....pretty clear the USDA outlook meeting would be a downer...glad to have it confirmed so that we can move on.  :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sheesh.

When I hear people hollerin' Fake News I can't help but think of Men in Black and the guys running down to the news stand to get Weekly News of the World* hot off the presses and get the real skinny on what the aliens were up to.

The WaPo story seems reasonably well sourced and attributed. We'll see what happens.

As far as USDA goes, I guess Sonny didn't get enough of those Deep Staters rooted out and exiled to KC?

Although if you're looking for a following among farmers it is quite a challenge these days since a lot of the crowd is getting increasingly unhinged from reality.

*WNW went out of business because it couldn't compete with the internet. That's a considerable part of the problem. I'll take news from professionally edited and curated conventional sources any time and make my own judgments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

how do you source supposition..... well sourced is nonsense there was nothing to source unless she needed spelling help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

In current standards set by these bankrupt media giants,,, shared opinion is sourcing these days...... sourcing opinion wow, lets take a pole.............  Needed her cullinary degree to write what she was told to write.  Expertise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It was simple and fast and they were home to get their "View".  Both the WP staffer and those who coppied it.

0 Kudos