cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

China 'racing' to buy beans.

Their crush margin has improved and shipments will keep increasing into the first quarter of next year. They are trying to capitalize on better crush margins.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: China 'racing' to buy beans.

That might explain why our basis is so here for beans going to the gulf.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Tks for the info Pal

I always appreciate your posts

Helps me a lot, cause I seem to miss a lot of stuff you find

Our crops got hit by an early Sept frost, so any little thing helps for a better price [knowlege]

30 bu/acre less on our corn, then normal, this yr.

Beans were 5-10  less

Zero SRW planted-for us, not much around any where

Too wet and then too late to plant any SRW

Don't know if I have yet to see  any emerged SRW planted after beans around here

SW Ontario, Canada

70 miles from Detroit Michigan

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am beginning to question the size of this bean crop nearby basis has improved by .27 here in the last week. They want to blame it on logistics and the product in the wrong places doesn't  sound like theybare having trouble getting trains here locally and with the shipments we have been seeing looks like beans are getting to port. Here of to big of an area just having normal yields takes big yields everywhere to get to 48. Somebody must seen value in beans and corn at theses prices today. Just thinking outloud

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Nice call Palouser on those beans to China.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

There is whet planted north of London.

Not sure what % of planned but I am not the only one that got everything planted that I wanted.

Dealer still had lots of seed when I returned the last few bags and totes though and still lots of beans out in the area.

Most was planted later than desired but lots of green fields now and still drills running yesterday, time will tell how that works out.

Last year anything planted after Oct 1st had trouble surviving the winter.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Smiley Happy  I'm connected to the best information net money can't buy. I try and bring info to farmer's quickly enough to keep up with anyone else - and avoid the more complex stuff that's still hanging fire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Beans are on sale baby. Buy em up like hotcakes. What Bout wheat Pal??
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Wheat

The prime issue for global wheat is feed vs human consumption. I believe milling wheat as a percentage of all wheat is the lowest in many years though good figures are hard to come by. The trend indicates to me that as this marketing year goes on price for quality wheat will rise. The kicker will be the emerging conditions for this next year's winter wheat crop. Right now it is threatened by poor winter condition, especially Russia. If this continues to be a deteriorating situation for Black Sea supplies then Russia will work to retain what they have from this year's milling wheat, effectively tightening supplies. Their economy is under pressure and prices for food are rising so guaranteeing wheat at a relatively low cost will be a high priority.

EU is facing unfavorable wheat conditions (which could change) and so is the US. Believe it or not some of the Plains is too dry again. SRW isn't being planted because of wet conditions.

0 Kudos