cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Coming soon to a farm near you

Jump to solution
We have the first 15 billion bu crop on record. Buck has warned you it was coming and here it is. Notice how Buck keeps the message short and to the point. Buck doesn't ramble on wasting time.
13 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Coming soon to a farm near you

Jump to solution
Whatever.

Short enough for ya?

Jen
Advisor

Jump to solution

Buck, people who refer to themselves in the third person are generally or on the verge of becoming a-holes.

Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

So whats your advise, sell it now? It's going lower? How much lower?  How about something useful?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Jump to solution
Man i hope it goes to 2.50 in October so I get a huge revenue insurance check, plus I'm over hedged so that would be a great buy back time if I know what I have for sure. If this all happens I'll be at $1,500 per acre for this year. I didn't think I'd get another 2012 revenue again but if you play your cards right it is possible. Now hopefully the icing on the cake will be an $80 per acre payment from fsa next year from this new farm program
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I'm with you kyu the lower it goes the better now. Second time ever my mpci guy has ever called me first was 93 and then this afternoon he knows whats going on in our area and it ain't gonna be fun. Said it before next hear I guess.

0 Kudos
Advisor

my advise

Jump to solution

was to sell last april and may.  Too late now if you sat on your hands waiting for the floods, droughts, hail, and frost to shorten the crop.   Seasonals work in selling grain so use them.  

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: my advise

Jump to solution

Hey Buck, whats your advice looking forward?  Say, not having anything sold..........or bought.  TIA

0 Kudos
Advisor

Jump to solution

we are closer to the bottom then the top so you cant protect with options.  Seasonals are flat to lower so you can't hedge to the upside.  Typical fall markets to wadde through.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Jump to solution

I agree.  Yields in the heartland will tell the tale.

0 Kudos