cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Confirming this picture

Jump to solution
Thanks for the lesson SW. We don't see these setups back east.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Thanks SWO,  ------------------------you still gotta find land with water under it------------ build houses in the corn belt and irrigate where it doesn't rain, go figure.

Mike, sorry I didn't move it to the business side.  I ll get back on topic.

Justnow,  thanks for the question ----------------- where is it located??

Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

location is Saudi Arabia. Thank you guys for the answers. you guys are awesome.

And a nice website btw. I have given all of you kudo's. Great job advisors!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

justnow,

If you might tell me,  How deep is the water and do you know the gallons per minute delivery ??

Thanks -------- your kind----------

from the tag team.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

That nice looking equipment just might be for sale....Saudis finally figured out that their most limited resource, over time, will be water, not oil......spent huge amount of money attempting to grow their own wheat/barley.....now in the process of phasing out irrigated production...

Saudi wheat production continues its drastic decline, as the Saudi government enforces its policy to phase-out wheat cultivation by 2016. Total Saudi wheat production in MY 2012/13 is estimated at 780,000 MT, a decline of 34 percent compared to 1.184 MMT in MY 2011/12, and production is forecast to further decline to 700,000 MT in 2013/14. Saudi wheat imports in MY 2012/13 are projected to be 1.960 MMT, compared to a total of 2.9 MMT imported the year before. Saudi Arabia purchased soft wheat for fist time through tenders announced in March. Saudi barley imports in MY 2012/2013 are projected at 7.5 MMT, about 13 percent lower than imports in the previous year. In 2012/13, India controlled 72 percent of the 1.193 MMT Saudi rice import market, followed by the U.S. and Pakistan with 10 and 9 percent market share, respectively. Saudi corn imports are projected to increase 18 percent, to 2.15 MMT in MY 2012/13, mostly due to expanding poultry production and increased corn utilization for sweeteners and starch production.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Makes good sense ray,

If the pumping rate from that unit is less than 1000 gallons per minute. And that installation is raising wheat.  That will be very expensive wheat.  I would think it could be imported much cheaper and not use up valued water supply.

Even more interesting would be to know what their depletion rate is and how much the recharge rate is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

sw, you are a good person.

I have been working on a project for a month now.

Since you are really helpful, I want to send you my project.

It's a small textdocument less than 1kb. I uploaded on website

Can I send u the link in privatemessage?

For sure there is a lot of errors. It's just because i have lack of knowledge.

Can you check it and tell me what is wrong with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

yes you may,  And I will help if I can.  Wells and well design are a hobby of mine.  It is a complicated issue.

If you are sending me a damaging problem for my computer --------------------------- I will find you.   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

Yeah and sw has A LOT of friends on here ! And I'm a half bred Hillbilly - and they don't take kindly to peolpe mess'n with there friends Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

:-) no it's not a damaging problem or a virus. it's just a file.txt

What is your opinion of my caculations?

If u don't want to download the file, I can copy the information and paste it here.

0 Kudos