Senior Contributor

Congratulations To vrbuck !

I have to give a mighty hat-tip to vrbuck, a frequent contributor to our conversations around here. He made it very clear weeks ago that we should be on the look out for a low price coming around Christmas in both corn and beans, and right now he is looking like a visionary ! Corn and especially beans put in their most recent bottom on December 26 and 27, respectively, and both are showing signs of a new leg up that can take us to new highs since the lows in July. 

vrbuck seems to have developed a timing algorithm that equates the date with major turns in corn and bean prices. The secret to his success he keeps to himself, as he should, but there is no arguing with success. He has made several excellent calls during the time that I have been here, and I am becoming a believer in his system however it works ! 

And the best part about it is vrbuck has never asked anyone for a penny for his good advice, he has freely offered his wise counsel to whoever wanted to listen around here. He is a decent man for doing that, and we should all be thankful to him for it, whether we use his advice as part of our marketing plans or not. I can attest to the fact that there are many in this industry that do not have the same kindness of heart. Nor are as accurate as vrbuck has been !

Which goes back to a point I have made on many occasions in my posts here. There do exist people who have a very good feeling or method for determining when grain prices will make critical changes in direction. That is the most important part of implementing a good hedging strategy to maximize the income you will receive for your products. Find someone who can give you good advice and then follow it...

Advisor

Re: Congratulations To vrbuck !

Actually I do have a web page, but I don’t charge for it. We freely exchange information and viewpoints. No ego, no bs.
Frequent Contributor

What's your website address, vrbuck?  Would love to take a look. I agree with rayfcom - marketing and hedging are the difference between break-even and making a profit. And we all need data and ideas to do the best in the market.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It's good when someone hits it right on the marketing front!

Choosing the right marketing information is like herding cats.  Many times you don't know which one to go after.  Smiley Wink

Advisor

The page is private by invite only. A few people you would remember. I was in one like itover ten years ago but was kicked out because I stood up for a moderator. They let a new person in with problems that questioned everything. Both of us where booted. The moderator never thanked me or stood up for me. This place is different then that.
Senior Contributor

Always go after the black cat first and then the fattest cat second. 

The black one will do you the most harm, and the fat one gets you the best price at the Chinese restaurant.

Senior Contributor

They should rename this Board "Farmer Knows Best". 

And put a picture of Robert Young up in the corner.

Smiley Happy

Advisor

Magic date is February 11-18 now. Hmmmm outlook conference anyone.
Advisor

Which is February 21-22
Contributor

I especially liked his post on 11-24-2018.......".Corn charts look horrible, we are going down to 3.42."  Corn price went up about 18 cents within a week.  Nice call, about what happens when I make a grain sale!