cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

Corn Basis 2015

Just read daily e-mail from Dreyfus in Port Allen,LA. Bidding corn for Aug-Sept at +30 cents and beans at +40 cents for Aug, Sept, Oct and Nov delivery. Should I be locking in some of that or wait ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Corn Basis 2015

Don't know if you should book but they are .65 better for corn and .40 better for beans than Helena AR.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

those two aren't jiving too good.  Is that a port price in La. or local coop?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Port price at Baton Rouge
Just talked to Farm Bureau Marketing, price at chickenfeed mill same distance opposite direction +20 cents for Aug-Sept delivery. Don't have to worry about alfotoxin there as much. Alfotoxin can be a problem down here in Deep South.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Oh ------- Is this a old crop, new crop comparison?

Were you talking next Aug, Sept delivery?

Sorry I was lost in this years wreck ---------- might not get to the next one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Talking about next years crop. Being close to the gulf helps with basis most years
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Not that good for next year, is it?.  We are +.07   867 miles north  

Hope your not prediction another year of price wrecks.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

I sure don't want another marketing year like this. If I had to grade it, it would be a D-.
Did terrible on corn, fair on beans
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I am in the panhandle region and we share a nice basis location as well.  But our expenses are high.

It was a terrible year ----- lots of production issues and lousy marketing opportunities  ------ and still dealing with weather extremes.

We are anxious for a new year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

With a much larger corn carryout projected for Sept 1, 2015 at this time, the basis opportunities for the new crop slot in the mid to deep south are going to be pretty limited ......at least for now as trade perceives plenty of old crop corn available to bridge the gap between old and new supply early next fall..

Now, this can change, but the opportunities not likely to present themselves until we get a lot closer to that period of time.

Ray J

0 Kudos