cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Corn Yield Trend

Comments from DTN on Corn Yield Trend that were interesting.  Didn't want to drag up older thread, but this was right along the lines talked about the other day.

http://www.dtnprogressivefarmer.com/dtnag/common/link.do?symbolicName=/ag/blogs/template1&blogHandle...

10 Replies
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Corn Yield Trend

PEAK CORN!!!!!****   Sorry, couldn't resist.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Based on the current dryness in many areas, whatever number USDA and everybody comes up with for 2013's trend corn yield will take a gift from God to reach.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

LMFAO...........

remember folks............

wonder if I will get credit for the term PEAK CORN..........probably not..........they will just say I was lucky...........

you heard it here first..............course I am sure Mike and Jeff will get the credit, I just hope they remember us peons..........

its amazing how the "experts" are always behind...........

PEAK CORN anyone.........

LMFAO.............

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: LMFAO...........

Typical talented ego.  You give him one award and he expects 2.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Wait....he would get an award for that?       

PEAK SOYBEANS......anyone???

0 Kudos
rswfarms
Senior Contributor

What about "PEAK BEER"? Sorry it's Friday and I am in a good mood since I sold some more corn today. The money from the corn sales goes to my wife to put a new deck/porch on the back of the house anyway, all I get is enough money to buy a 12 pack of beer. Not even good beer either, just Old Mill.

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Well, you know what they say?  There's only two kinds of beer:  cheap and free.

0 Kudos
ND Farmer 1
Frequent Contributor

MT.... The heck with the awards...Please keep posting your thoughts on the markets.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

thx WCMO...haven't seen u post in a while......

......interesting chart......notice if a trendline is drawn across the highs (top yield points last 30 yr) it's fairly consistent (slope does not really change)

if you draw one across low points similarly, the slope is not as steep. Now you have a channel which is expanding (PICTURE IT)

Lower line comes in around 105-110. just thought it was interesting.

thx,

c-x-1

0 Kudos